1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

So, I'm probably going to buy this flat tracker

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Frank Nye motor, XR100 stroker. It displaces 150cc, 16s on it, Lindeman suspension. I've got a similar set up with 16s and lindeman suspension on my current XR, but it's just a big bore, mild motor. It's pushing a lot of compression, run VP C12 in it, megacycle cam, but I had it set up to last an endurance season. What I want is POWER for the AMA dirt track series that's running this year not far from my home. They're running a summer series now and if it's not raining I'm going to run over there Saturday night with my bike. I'll get my butt kicked, I'm sure. The limit is 150cc in mad dog class, 130cc in TMGP, so if I run this thing in TMGP road racing, I'll be cheating...shhhhhhh! :D CMRA mini F6, though, has a 150cc limit, so I can kick some butt there on the road courses. My little motor pushed me to a second in the one sprint I've done in CMRA this year. I'd have won with a stroker.

You'll notice in the pix, there's a tube that circuits the oil where fittings are installed for an oil cooler. CD, you think I could get a cooler for this thing? I had one off an old Katana 600 I parted on ebay. Now I wish I'd kept that oil cooler!!!! ****!!!!!

Anyway, here's the first e-m from the guy and some pix of the little bike.

"Yes, I still have it. As far as the head work goes, this bike has everything done porting and valves included. The crank was modified to increase stroke and there is a spacer at the base of the cylinder. It has a Megacycle cam and the con rod is aftermarket too, I just don't know what brand. All work was completed by Frank Nye of Engines Only who builds mini XR dirt trackers for several AMA riders. The suspension is completely modded. Front end is LE revalved, and the shock is a Works Performance revalved for lots of rebound damping. Other mods include a Mikuni smoothbore flatslide carb and dirt track exhaust (see pic). The motor is fresh and tires are new. I was going to race it this year but find that I don't have the time or $$$ right now. Hope this helped.. Dan"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. SK

SK New Member

Looks like fun Goose..go for it. Gotta have a little edge and it doesn't look like it'll cost a lot. Time to enjoy life! :D
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, I sent the ransom and the deal is done. I'll be getting it soon, probably not soon enough for the next flat track, but soon. I'll run my non-stroker until then. I'm kinda excited, this thing oughta rock! I've seen some strokers that'll wheelie just on throttle, and that with tall gearing. That's not normal for an XR100, LOL! Maybe I'll even win some money with this thing, never know, LOL. They pay 75% on Mad Dog class to four or five places. Amount just depends on how many show up. I'll have to ride the snot out of it to beat Joe Prussiano, though. He's good.