1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

So it starts........

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by dinosdeuce, Oct 12, 2005.

1. dinosdeuce

dinosdeuce New Member

The exhaust system, rinehart true duals, and PC I ordered from Direct Parts will be here tomorrow. :D :D . I also ordered ISO grips from Küryakyn. Next will be a luggage rack for the tour pack and lid gaurds for the saddle bags.
    and after that it will be....................................... :eek: :eek:

Dino
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Real good Dino
    I've put a few items on my new Ultra to, extended pegs, Harley grips, floor boards, oil temp gauge, windshield trm, drivers backrest, trunk organizer. This Friday the HD shop in Albany OR is having a 25% off sale so I'm planning on getting, new tips for the SE exhaust, Trim rings for the lights, rack for the trunk (large one) and a quik release locking fuel cap. Plan on keeping the SE exhaust for awhile and the old end caps are not looking so good so the new ones will be the billet end caps. :D
  3. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Yepper.

Yep,,,
    It's a kind of funny, the first thing some folks want to do is start taking off the shinny new parts to put shinny new parts back on. :D
    Or is THAT customizing??? :cool:
    But really, good for you and enjoy it while you got it. :D
  4. dinosdeuce

dinosdeuce New Member

FLHTbiker,

I looked at the trunk organizer as well. Seems like a good buy. Need to keep the small stuff, sunglasses, cell phone, keys etc out of the way. Are you going to get the saddle bag lid rails?? I am as I keep kicking the top of the lid when I get on. Still want to swing my leg over and it doesn't work. hopefully I will get the hang of stepping over soon.

The "local" Harley dealer, Pikes Peak sale prices are equal to others everyday prices. They have a big sign saying "We support our troops". SO i ask how do you support your troops?? We have a big sale 1 day a year for you. :mad: Ok but what if i'm deployed??? If you bring us orders proving you weren't here we will on honor the 1 day sale. Fair enough, but 1 day???? If you "support our troops" then do it every day!!!! :D I don't like the band wagon approach.
    Sorry for straying. I bought my Ultra At Rocky Mountain Harley in Castle Rock. It is only 30 minutes north of the Springs. I live east of that. SO it is still local. Got great customer service and that keeps me coming back.

Dino
  5. FLHTbiker

Dino, I think I'll skip on the saddle bag guards. Saw a double decker on an ultra and didn't like the looks of it.
    Do you know what is involved in the XM satellite radio install. Seems like a big price to plug into the radio for $495.00. Heck I can go out and buy a XM radio, mount it to the handle bars, plug it into the aux. port for $49.95. What is the deal with the $495.00 anyway, just another HD rep-off? :mad:
    Marc
  6. dinosdeuce

dinosdeuce New Member

FLHTbiker,

Sorry I don't know about the XM. Will ask around though. You are spot on about the price, something doesn't add up.

Dino
  7. jrsyamaha

jrsyamaha New Member

Just to let you know that the XM that is priced at $495 is a Transceiver box that can be added, not just adapted to the radio system. You can go to: www.crutchfield.com to look at the difference, and I seen that Sirus makes a system that can be hooked up to the Harman/Kardon system. Crutchfield shows that system for the "Do-it-Yourselfer @ $169.95 includes Instructions, but this system is one that uses the FM Modulator with all the wires to deal with hiding. I have one that uses the FM radio station to receive, and the volume control is a LOT Lower than in my car that has it in from the factory. And with the Factory Adaptor Kit you get the antenna, wiring, and you don't have to worry about the little box being mounted on the bike somewhere that you can see to change stations. Besides the kit keeps all the wires hiden out-of-sight, less chance of getting messed with. For the Looks and Sound Quality I'd go with the kit. Just my opinion.
  8. dinosdeuce

dinosdeuce New Member

FLHTbiker,

Did you install the trunk rack yet??

Also, the oil temp gauge, does it replace the pressure gauge?? Or does it install elsewhere on the engine. The reason i asked is my dealer said it would replace the pressure gauge as it installs in the same place. DOn't want to give up the pressure gauge.

Please advise

Dino
  9. FLHTbiker

I had to order the rack and its still not in yet. :(
    The oil temp I used is the one that takes the place of the oil dip stick. Actually works pretty good. Runs off a battery that is built in and to check it you simple push the button on the gauge face and it reads out in a digital reading. :D