1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

So, what do you think of this

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 27, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I like it - except for the paint and the wheels. But those are things the customer could change if they wanted to, right?
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Not for &26,500 not enough bike there , I was out the other day & stopped & looked at the cross road nice bike , next week I need to run south & there's a good hd dealer there planning on stopping & looking at the switchback
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Switch back would be a good short trip touring bike but sorry wouldn't want it for the long haul. I do like it especially with the 103 motor. As for the CVO I agree two much money for a small bike. But buy a stock bike and add all the stuff they did to it and bet you would pay more.
    I like the paint though.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I think its a little to pricey but a pretty sweet looking bike. A softail on steroids?

I'm concerned about the 110' motor but no stock oil cooler and I think the oil bag is only 3 qts. Being air cooled wouldn't that be a possible issue?
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I was at a dealer yesterday and saw the new bikes with the metalflake paint. I felt like I was in a flashback to the early 60's. The motor company did a marvelous job on the paint BUT, I hope it doesn't make a comeback. It went out with the dinosaurs. JMO
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Like bubble face shields LMAO!
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Looks nice,but at $26,000:eek:That's the price I paid for all 3 of my bikes:D Got a little more into them than that:rolleyes:but I'd rather have 3 generations of Harleys than 1 overpriced Softail....I don't care what they call it....:D
  9. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

I agree with everybody else, way too much money. I think it is a cool bike, I love softails, but not for 26.5K JMO ;)
  10. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Just thought about that number in reality... I could buy my bike 3 times for that... wow!! :confused:
  11. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Maybe,maybe not. Trends seem to be cyclical..coming and going. I bet the MOCO was banking on it was time to re-introduce a trend back from the late 60's early 70's?

Sure would rather have one of them there metal flake bikes over this:

http://images.psndealer.com/dealers...12_5_247683_twotonetequilasunrisehdorange.jpg

Which was a choice in 2012.Imagine looking at that all day every day...whewww:eek:
  12. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I like stripped down softails, so yes, I like. But I prefer the Blackline. Not that I can afford either right now.