1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Softail Solo seat

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Welder, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

Hey guys,

I'm tryin to decide what might be a good brand / type of solo seat for my '86 softail custom, and kinda wonderin what someone else's opinion might be on them. I 've been lookin on e-bay at some Corbin, Lepera, Ultima, and some of the stock Harley seats. I have a Corbin Touring seat on the bike at the time, and it rides great. But i would like to try a solo seat for the days that the better half doesn't want to ride with me.

Also curious about a back rest. Are they a good investment comfort wise?

Have a good one.

Any and all input will be appreciated. :cheers:
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

3. Welder

Welder New Member

Thanks Red Rider,

I'll take a look at the link. Have a good one.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hard to beat a good ol' mustang for comfort........
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have a stock pillow look HD seat & removeable back rest the back rest is great for long rides & take it off for around here
  6. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

I have been looking at that Mustang seat. Over the years my back has been killing me. Adding some foot pegs and that has helped.
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I have the Mustang Solo with removable backrest and love it. If you get that and the heel rests for your footpegs, you can ride 600 miles a day with no problem. Even without the backrest, it's a very comfortable seat. I have the widest one.

The good thing about buying directly from Mustang is that you can try it out for 10 days and send it back if you don't like it. This was worth paying MSRP to me because I had bought three seats before that, which looked comfortable, but felt like a 2X4 in my lower back after a couple hundred miles. If you decide to go that route, be sure to confirm that guarantee. It's been a few years.
  8. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm New Member

I just ordered a Corbin Close Solo for my bike. I couldn't find what I wanted on e-bay so I ordered one. I hope it works out. Well, for what I payed for it, I'll learn to like it. It can't be any worse that my stock seat.