1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Something for yer harley future

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sarge7, Apr 22, 2011.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Honda just stated that they are working on a seat belt to go along with the airbag they have intoduced. Supposely a computer will decide if you need to part with your bike in a wreck and eject you and the seat at which time the airbag will deploy and give a ride of your life on yer backside.
    Now I don't know about youall but the idea of sliding down the interstate at 80 miles per on my backside strapped to a motorcycle seat is a little to much , and no brakes either.
    How about a jet fighter type seat that ejects you straight up and deploys a parachute ? at least you can glide a chute to a landing other than the front of a Peterbuilts grill.:roflmao:
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I'm working on a patent for my Michelin Man suit. As soon as you get on the seat the suit arms. When you drop the bike and your ass comes off the seat at more than 30 mph the suit inflats in a half a nano second. Then all you have to worry about is if you remembered to attach the Bounce Limiting Strap to the bike so that you don't bounce from Texas to Oregon!
  3. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Both worthy ideas. However, can you imagine what would happen when it deployed while under a bridge or electrical wires? Ouch!
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

QUOTE=alex the dog;95491]Both worthy ideas. However, can you imagine what would happen when it deployed while under a bridge or electrical wires? [/QUOTE]

The suit with be made of 100 mil rubber so you'd be insulated from the wires. Brudges aren't a problem either, you would just bounce off!
    :banghead:
  5. alex the dog

And that Kenworth following right behind will keep you bouncing. Ha!
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i figure it would go off at the least expected moment......due to a recall that you weren't informed of...........
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

That's Honda for ya!:roflmao:
    Maybe toyota should design it for them.:roflmao:
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

They could design it like the new Polish parachute..........opens on impact:D
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao::roflmao:
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ain't that what helmets are for?:roflmao:
  11. alex the dog

Yea, but that's Fatboy's brainchild.
  12. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I think all these ideas oughta be forwarded to Disney animators and a cartoon be made. We could call it "Bouncing Bikers From Hell".