1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Something you don't see in the city

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 12, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Something you'll never see living in the city.
    I discovered that we have a Golden Eagle living in a upper part of a tree in the back. Large stick nest in the fir tree. The crows were going crazy the other day so I got the binoculars out to see what was going on, what a surprise. That bird is huge and when he flew out he made the crows that tried to chase him look tiny. He had taken a baby crow into his nest and the crows were trying to dive bomb it in the tree attempting to get it back I suppose. He got one crow that came to close by the tail feathers and black feathers were every where. What an assume sight. Here is a picture of what it looks like.
    I would love to zoom in on it when in the tree and get a picture. Wingspan is somewhere between 6 and 7 1/2 feet. What a beautiful bird and no them squawking crows didn't bother him much at all.
    Here is a pic of what the bird looks like. Gonna have to keep the cats in the house now.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow, that is awsome!! birds of prey are great to watch!!!!! i hope you do get some good pics of it.......ya may have two of them......a nest and all......
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man that's cool to see in flight ,& don't they come in pears ?
  4. FLHTbiker

That is entirely possible. We are also very close within a 1/4 mile from the Clackamas river where there is a a lot of steel head and salmon fishing. I see a lot of Osprey birds along the river just never seen a Golden Eagle this close up.
    The weather is good today, up to 80 today so a few of us are going to ride to Cannon Beach at the Oregon coast.
    Here is the pic of the Clackamas river by our place. Great fishing Chuck.

Attached Files:

5. chucktx

great pics!!!!!!!!!! have fun and stay safe! would love to put a fly in that water!!!!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's a good looking place on the river ,it's been a lot of years since i've done any fishing , (don't care for the salt water fish) but would like to try fly fishing there :cool:
  7. FLHTbiker

Been there done it many times and here is one of the best fly fishing rivers in Oregon, called the Metolius River. Head waters bubble right up out of the ground from a underground stream. Big fish are caught in this stream.

Attached Files:

8. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Those are just fantastic pics!! One day I will get to oregon....keep the eagle comin...
  9. FLHTbiker

Here is a couple pics from todays ride to the coast. Cannon Beach with Hay Stack Rock in the back ground, hey notice the kits, lots of wind and the temp was only about 65 at the coast.
    Chuck we had lunch a Mo's famous claim chowder, think you would like it.

Attached Files:

10. chucktx

yup, i love clam chowder!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmm maybe chrome and i can get to your coast some day!!!
  11. chucktx

great pics!!!! it looks a bit cooler than here also....nearly 100 today........
  12. FLHTbiker

Come up and spend a couple weeks I'll be your personal tour guild. :D
  13. FLHTbiker

Its always a bit cooler on the coast, cool pacific ocean air.