1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Son #2

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by ironhorse, Mar 23, 2010.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

Well son # 2 is graduating this year as some of you know, and entering into the NAVY nrotc scholership with a full ride to Purdue to Nuc Eng. and some also know that my first son (pre - law) UW, recieved an 05 883 pig at graduation in 08..........well I happened upon an 06 883 almost identical for less in Gilroy, pickin it up around the 6th of next month,(some reason he wants a Harley too.) then up to Portland for about a month or so, and end of May....I have 2 sons trailing me HOW COOL IS THAT. Shout out to my kids thanks for not conforming.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great!!! glad to see kids doing something with their lives besides exercising their thumbs!!!!!
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

My thought is that (and I might have told this here before) you spend 12-13 yrs busting your ass for advancment in society, then to secure your self these days you have 4 more years and the although the thought is there on educational gifts at graduation, I feel there should be the gift of escape, the gift of freedom, the gift of solidarity, there were months of arguments the last time, but this time it was "can you find another deal like that again?" was the better halfs words, and though my son has no idea, if he knows me he, will be grateful but not surprised
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I think your an outstanding dad, good job on the kids and hope your gloating with pride. When your in Portland and got time stop in and say hi.
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Congratulations on your son graduating and on the purchase of the bike. I raised my kids on bikes and the old 3 wheelers, got my son into racing at age 5. He still loves racing and motorcycles, he raced Pikes Peak in 08 for the first time on a modified Honda 4 wheeler, ran mid pack but I was proud of him and he was happy. Now we have the 3rd generation we are waiting to get big enough to wrap his hands around a set of handlebars.
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

pm me a number, i should be there (portland to the dalles area) from april to may off and on. i'll buy ya a beer.
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

ironhorse - good job on raising two sons to be proud of. Will #2 be going to Purdue in Indiana?
  8. steveb

steveb Active Member

Congratulations to you and your sons. You must be very proud to have 2 outstanding boys.
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Cool................

Glad to hear yer son's likes Harleys too.

It must be in their blood.
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sound like a deal, looking forward to it :)
  11. Welder

Welder New Member

Congrats to ya Ironhorse,

Ya gotta be proud of em. Hope you guys, as a family, enjoy the ride.

Be safe :D
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yup a 180000 NROTC scholorship to Purdue:D, nuc eng then in the summers on a ship, Lt. in 4 yrs, I have a daughter that will be a seinor next year then one more son that will be a freshman next yr, and very proud of them all
  13. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Your wife must be busy sewing your shirt buttons back on. :D I know you're busting with pride and you ought to be. Raising our kids is our most important job and it appears like you've done a great job. We need more folks like you've raised out there. Our country is going to need them.