1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Tiny86, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Well I"ll start it, what did yall think? I have mixed feelings they should have introduced the charters I was kinda lost at first.they just threw you in to the middle some where? I have done a lot of research on Outlaw biker clubs and this is not all fiction or truth either. I just hope it doesn't give the average Guy/Gal wearing a HOG patch or Boozefighter patch a bad rap to the average joe.Most people don't know the difference between HOG and Bandidos anyway. They see a vest and a motorcycle and they automatically think motorcycle Gang. Hell I have people lock there doors when I pull up as it is.Its a good show I like it so far.

Tiny
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well I have to agree , they just kinda started in the middle & went from there , & John Q public knows no difference in the just of us all , & I seen both sides of this fence , never a patch holder but have know riders from two major clubs , , & from what I here I lost a friend from my schools days a few years back in Vegas when the two clubs met , But that was the life he chose & chose a different riding course
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm glad you started it Tiny.:roflmao:

I have a strange sort of interest in this show. I recently wrote a chapter for a book about biker chicks, which is being published in the spring. The women that wrote the stories for the book either are or have been substantially involved with 1%ers (as in married or a very long term relationship). I'm not sure if the stories are going to be printed as written, or if they are being rewritten by the "authors". One of the authors is a consultant for the show and is the basis for the main character on the show. He's written a couple of books about his experience as a big wig with the Bandidos. We've e-mailed a couple of times and spoken about writing, and through him I ended up in the Sons of Anarchy group on Facebook. Because of all that, I had some knowledge of what was going on ahead of time, which helped. I was wondering how people were going to have a clue what was going on with some of the dialogue.

That being said, I imagine it will be a good dramatic series. My dead ex and his first wife could have been models for the family aspect. Mother's a junkie and gives birth to a kid with a hole in his heart. Don't know what's going to happen to the mother in the show, but I imagine if Jax's mother has any say in it, she'll be dead before too long, which would follow real life in my dead ex's case.

But really, as in Ladder 49, which made it look like they were going to huge structure fires every other day, how many dead bodies are racked up in the space of a week in real life in the worst of cases? Not that many.

I'm disappointed that motorcycles play such a small role in the whole thing. It was more a show about gang life and how family fits into that, which is what the intention is. I think it shows why a lot of folks end up leaving that lifestyle. Somewhere along the way the ride becomes simply a means of transportation, and life gets too complicated to enjoy any of it.

My two cents.
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

It could have been at least a 2hr opener, hollywood bikers:roflmao: I guess you have to keep it's tv in your head:roflmao: guess with all the hype I expected more. wonder how all those h.a.'s like them sport'n that california rocker. If you can catch it national geographic channle shows some specials on the h.a. outlaw's and monglals.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

didn't watch it really probably won't look for it.

Found watching the RNC last night to be absolutely educational and entertaining.

Palin kicked Obamas tail

Guiliani was brilliant
  6. phlsphyguy

phlsphyguy New Member

I agree with Hot01..I wish it was more about the bikes and the culture and less about gang warfare. One of the main characters, Jax (or Jacks) is just sooooo annoying. To add comment to another poster, when I get off of my bike people move out of the way....I go into a store and the crowd parts.. Maybe when they see a bald guy with a goatee and leather it strikes fear in them.. :roflmao: Hopefully, the show will get better...
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Didn't watch and not likely to. Not that a good series on the reality of outlaw bikers wouldn't be damn interesting, but the likelyhood of H-wood capturing that is just too slim. They'll want to make it a soap opera, and it just ain't that.

In my younger days I worked out-of-CONUS (up to the border) military counter-narc and counter-terror for many years. One of my associates (FBI) was working the other side of the border (in country) as deep cover in a gang - sorry, can't ever share much more (DUH!). He couldn't talk to anyone but a few of us that knew, and bent my ear more because I was authorized to know rather than because I wanted to hear. His divulgences to me about that life were so gut-wrenchingly disheartening and evil that I don't think they'd be watchable for long. Just made us want to lock & unload - but that ain't the legal way, so we just worked it until we moved on to something else. I can understand the allure, though - I mean, most 1% members are as commited to their gang as I was to my fellow warriors. So we respected them, all the while wanting them to get across the borders so we could heal that problem. Permanently.
  8. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

not even

not interested in it at all. Never gonna be "real" nor do I care it is on. Did watch the RNC and gotta agree with HRK. That Palin was on a roll and got more out that time than watching HOllywood. I often wonder why do some big money Hollywooders kiss up to Demos anyways. When they mention Repubs going ater the little man do they think they are like us in the real world? Some of them make millions a movie and got nothing in common with midle america but don't like Repubs becuase of the money associated with Repubs. What is the actors angle on that? kinda off subject sorry...
    later
    Voo1:cool:
  9. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Hollywood Types

Maybe its guilt, or maybe everybody spends so much time kissing there a$$
    that they start believing the BS and there opinion is worth more than yours or mine. Then they use the fame to sway the sheeples minds and get all the hand wringers worked up to move there agenda forward I myself dont need an entertainer to tell me how to think or what to think. I will vote for who I think will run ths country the best and stand up for my values. Not because Oprah panties get all bunched up or Catie the commie gets all giddy around some candidate. So I say this people use your mind that God gave you study the issues and VOTE...... whew sorry about the rant:cussing: Im working nights and need to get off the coffee for a while

God Bless the United States of America
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We don't get FX on our small community cable company so I guess I didn't miss much and we watched the RNC. Was very impressed as others have stated.
  11. Panthera

Panthera New Member

I hear you ruff, that coffee can do that to after a while!
  12. fubar

fubar New Member

the adds were ok but when i watched it it seemed to be about T.C.O.B. and A.C.A.B. more the riding, the brotherhood, honor and respect . i hang around a few clubs to party bs and have fun T.C.O.B. is never discussed with me and i doubt S.O.A. is goin to do any good for clubs except reinact the R.I.C.O. act ... now i know why i never liked( bubblegum for brain) A.K.A. (T.V. ) lol
  13. phlsphyguy

phlsphyguy New Member

A biker friend of mine who rode with some outlaws back in the 60s and 70s watched the show and said that it really isn't true to life because those guys on the show were too clean....the outlaws he rode with NEVER bathed!
  14. fubar

fubar New Member

lol vary true haha
  15. fubar

fubar New Member

like vary dirty color demand respect ;]
  16. fubar

fubar New Member

with there super clean colors maybe S.O.A. r newbies along with the producers
  17. fiddyfofoad

fiddyfofoad New Member

It's too bad David Chase didn't have anything to do with this series. I thought the Sopranos were great and if a show about 1%ers were done the same way, it would probably have a run as long as it wanted. The viewing
    public has an interest in the mob and outlaw bikers.
  18. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I thought it was ok...Kinda hard to get into...not quite like the Sopranos. Maybe it will evolve into something better once they get some reviews.
  19. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Well its review time I am enjoying it so far for the most part. I don't know about yall but I think I would have put up a little more :fight: before someone took a torch to my back:puke: Don't you know that stunk!!!!! I also think if they told me to Black out a tat I would have done it or not ever showed up again. or at leased tucked my shirt in DUH. I don't agree with the illegal guns and dope and stuff,but I know it goes on every day all around us. It a good soap and Ill keep watching just to see what happens. I do know it is causing Quite a ripple in the 1% area I have herd.

Tiny
  20. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I missed the beginning of the series and just stumbled across this show a couple of weeks ago. So far I like the show based purely on its entertainment value and have tried to take any realism with a grain of salt.

While some parts are realistic other parts are way off, but I understand that in order to keep the interest of all viewers then a certain amount of unrealistic drama is needed to keep it going. Same was true for the Sopranos and the Shield, aspects of the mafia or gang life were over dramatized for entertainment. I'm trying to keep all that in mind and just enjoy the show, or at least until the producers go and do something so stupid that I have to check out.

Speaking of stupid, they almost lost me in the last episode when the two clubs had a shootout and almost nobody got hit. You would think that gun runnin bikers would be a better shot! :roflmao:

I think the show has potential and I really hope that at some point they portray some other aspects of the biker community as a whole.

Even better would be an episode where SOA roll up on the OCC father and son and beat them to a pulp for posing as bikers - now THAT would be entertainment!