1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Soooo....how did you wake up this morning???

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Feb 5, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

this is what i was awakend too.....early this am, the neighboring house was set ablaze. it was pretty small when i reported it, but by the time the firedept. arrived it was nearly gone. 30 minute response time and frozen equipment. 19 degrees at that time. lucky for no wind or it could have set the forest on fire and destroyed a couple of homes including mine. house was vacant, no water or electricty......no one hurt. got that handled then my septic system went tits up.......worked on that the rest of the day..........cardboard said screw me,,,,he was goin riding. i did dig his septic system up once,,,,,,,,,,,go figure!!!!:confused::)

Attached Files:

2. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Thats great pics...but so glad no wind too!!
  3. chucktx

from my phone!!
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hate to hear about you gitt'n woke for a fire. Know how much yer sleep means to you.

Called and yer lovely wife answered the phone. Ask what you was doing.
    She said you was back asleep and wouldn't probaly git up for at least a hour.
    Told her my wife would behome in like a Hour from Walley World. Was y'all gonna ride today. Hadn't seen you in a while.
    She said No you wan't gonna go ride. It was a little cold outside. It was 44*
    For us to go ahead and go ride.
    I rode for a short ride with the OL.
    If I knew you needed help with yer septic system I would of came by and helped. You got my phone number Redneck
    I started to ride down by yer house and say hi. But I was scared I might wake you by comin not invited.

I don't sleep as much as you. Course I ain't as OLd as you either. :D
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck is that the one almost behind your shop? or on the other side? Ya good thing no wind as dry as your woods are :eek:
  6. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I'm Puzzled

How can the folks from the city know how our woods are.

I hear the fire marshall from Houston whick is 4 counties away from my house saying were under a burn band.
    He hasn't been here and has no idea how much rain we have or haven't had.
    It has rained Here for weeks on end. and rained more.
    I got a new bike and it rained for like 3 weeks.
    And its gonna rain more next week.
    The ditches are full of water too.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

did'nt know you had that much rain were all wet still here as well & ditches about half full still & after the ice rain two nights ago more water
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wow, what a heck of a thing to wake up to. Was that your truck in one of the photo's. Sure glad it didn't spread over into your place. Interesting, if the house was vacant with no power turned on, wonder what caused the fire?
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  9. chucktx

not my truck. think gas and a match set it ablaze.
  10. chucktx

the local fire marshal is in livingston......they know how much rain you got......our fire marshal is in hardin.....which is local to us....
  11. chucktx

on the other side....