1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sounds, Harley VS Honda

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Ya Killin Me Goose! Thats Just 2 Funny! And A Little Anoying If You Listen 2 It All The Way Through.
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Goose,

I called my entire staff into my office to play that for them. The guys were rolling on the floor! I have a couple of fellas that are die-hard Harley fans (including myself) and a few that are japaneese fanatics. The antics go on and on here, but playing that for them just changed the bar level! Thanks for the ammo dude!:D
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Yepper, that is still funny. :D lol
  5. SK

SK New Member

That's cute. :D

My V4 Royal Star sounds like a Chevy V8 w/glass-pacs.
  6. CD

CD Guest

Huh...? Maybe a small block at 10k!!!!!
  7. CD

CD Guest

I'll bet it won't be long before someone alters the wav file to have the HD do "dead battery" start and the Honda start and just acclerate away.....
  8. surfit

surfit New Member

LOL that one did full circle here at work.
  9. Goose

Goose New Member

I don't remember the guy's name, but when I rode to Sturgis and met some guys from this BBS there including Sleepy (Bob), there was a guy there with a Valkarie. He kept yappin' about getting a set of pipes for it so it'd sound good and Bob told him something to the effect that, "Yeah, it'd sound like a really mean Buick." ROFL! We all got a laugh outta that good natured banter. :D Now, I have a Bui...I mean, GoldWing. :rolleyes:

:D
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I was with a bunch of the Goldwing/Valkyrie group a while back and a guy had just bought a Valkyrie and was saying he could hardly wait to pull off the end caps and cut the end tubes off. He said then he would drill them out so it would sound like a V-8 Chevy. One of the other guys say's you mean like a V-6 Ford don't you. That was a good laugh except for the guy with the Valkyrie who say's no way will it sound like a Ford. :)
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I know who you mean. I can't remember his name but we called him the "Roadmaster" after his two wheeled Buick..I'm still half deaf from that baby stroker Dyna with the thunderheader...I'm riding a stock pipe dresser..like a buick..but slower!!!
    That trip was eight years ago...lots of fun ..gonna have to get together sometime again
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  12. CD

CD Guest

He's right, to sound like a Ford or a MOPAR you need to add some size to them jugs. Sounding like a Chevy is easy....just add marbles and shake vigorously :D

I always say that building power in a small block Chevy is easy. Walk up to the counter at your local Hot Rod shop, open the menu, select the options and viola! instant power.

I enjoyed working on small block MOPAR LA engines because there was so much potential but not a lot of combinations already proven. You were on your own for the most part.
  13. Goose

Goose New Member

Well, I don't know about Mopar anymore, or at least the Jeep division. Most of the guys I know that have had Jeeps were pretty prone to problems, but this weekend I was up in Waco dove hunting with a friend. He just bought an old jeep, 135K showing on it, so it ain't new. Had an inline 6 in it. We pulled out on the highway headed for his place and WHAM, clatter, clatter, clatter. We stopped because it stopped. Looked under the engine, oil pouring out, there was a 1/2" wide gash across the oil pan from one side to the other right where the timing chain goes. ROFLMAO! He gave 4K for that POS. I suggested he get some jeep aftermarket catalogs and convert it with a GM 4.3 liter V6 or maybe a small block. Seems to me the 6 would be lighter, better application, though. I mean, he could rebuild that POS, but it'd still be a Jeep motor. I've known too many folks that had problems with 'em to trust one. I don't know that they've gotten any better since Chrysler bought 'em out, either.

Yeah, Bob, I'm working on getting enough income put together to keep up with these gas prices. :rolleyes: I'm building a pretty decent business finally, right here at home, not commuting. The wife just got on disability, so we have a livable steady income now between my IRA payments and her disability and my shop income is just gravy. Seems word is getting around. I'm the only shop in town now that does small engines and I'm getting business. I'm completely ignoring motorcycle work unless someone brings one to me, I won't turn it down. Lawn mowers and tillers and trimmers and leaf blowers are easy money. :D Heck of a lot more of 'em in town than motorcycles, too! Heck, 90 percent of the time it's just a dirty carb from sitting up. Lord knows I'm familiar with gumout. LOL!
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Jeepers!

Goose - steer your bud to this link:
    http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8&order=desc
    He can post any question and there are more experts there who'll pitch in their 2cts than even on this forum.

4wd.com is a good parts link, too, and has an excellent Jeepers catalog that seems to come out more often than most magazines.

My other ride is a Jeep that accounts for more miles a year than Ol' Red, and most of 'em a lot tougher than Red will ever see. Have the same inline 6 your friend has, and treated decent it is a workhorse that gets me there and back under amazingly bad conditions at times. But if he wants MORE POWER than there are a ton of options out there.

A Jeep is a lot like a bike: if it ain't modified, it is the exception. One for the road, one for off it.

P.S. - CD, I don't work for nor profit in any way from those links. Just find them useful. And I don't think they sell AMSOIL, but I could be wrong! :)
  15. Goose

Goose New Member

I'll let him know the links. Heck, if he was a little closer to me, I'd rebuild the thing for him. I think he's going to let his son have it, though. He's got a Dodge diesel 4x4, all off into 4WD, and wants to put a V8 in it. It's really kinda "their" jeep anyway, really only gets used to hunt in and around the farm. Got some super swampers on big rims, looks kinda cool.
  16. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

harleyvhonda

goose can u e-mail that to me
  17. Goose

Goose New Member

Can't get it to work? Not sure, maybe I could download the sound/save, then attach to an e-m if you can't get it to work.
  18. hookvnv

hookvnv New Member

sounds harleyvhonda

thanksw goose for trying....hook
  19. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Hook.. Just let it load all the way, then add it to your favorites.