1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Southern Oregon Tour

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, May 25, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is some photo's of our tour this past week and weekend into the Redwoods, Applegate valley and Crater Lake.

Attached Files:

2. FLHTbiker

Here is Crater Lake

Attached Files:

3. FLHTbiker

Here is a few more

Attached Files:

4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

awsome, going to put that on the agenda for when i get to work over there
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow, summer to winter in one ride.......how cool is that!!!!!!!!
  6. FLHTbiker

By the time I got back home I had put 1280 miles on the springer in 4 days. I knew I was having a clutch issue and after arriving home I checked the clutch cable, only 2 strains holding the cable to the clutch lever :eek: .
    I put a new clutch cable in yesterday, works good now.

It got so warm up at Crater Lake after the we took the photos we rode back in a Tee shirt with a vest, kinda nice for a change.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

thats some pic's all look good But to much snow for me did look good from here in this 90 degree heat:cool:
  8. FLHTbiker

Cowboy, Crater Lake sits pretty high up, here are some facts on it.

Crater Lake is located in Southern Oregon on the crest of the Cascade Mountain range, 100 miles (160 km) east of the Pacific Ocean. It lies inside a caldera, or volcanic basin, created when the 12,000 foot (3,660 meter) high Mount Mazama collapsed 7,700 years ago following a large eruption.

Generous amounts of winter snow, averaging 533 inches (1,354 cm) per year, supply the lake with water. There are no inlets or outlets to the lake. Crater Lake, at 1,943 feet (592 meters) deep, is the seventh deepest lake in the world and the deepest in the United States. Evaporation and seepage prevent the lake from becoming any deeper.