1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Southwestern Popper Beef Burgers

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 15, 2008.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ingredients:

Serves 4
    1 pound ground beef
    ¼ cup prepared thick–and–chunky salsa
    4 frozen cream cheese or cheddar–stuffed jalapeno peppers
    ¼ cup prepared salsa con queso
    1 chopped plum tomatoes
    ½ tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
    1 English muffins, split, or hamburger buns

Combine ground beef and chunk salsa I large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four thin patties. Place one stuffed pepper in center of each patty; wrap beef around pepper to enclose, sealing seams and forming ball. Flatten balls into patties. Patties will be about 4 to 5 inches across and 1 inch thick.

Place patties on grill over MEDIUM–HOT, ash&ndashcovered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 16 minutes for MEDIUM (160° F) doneness, turning occasionally, until beef is not pink in center and juices show no pink color.

Spread 1 tablespoon salsa con queso evenly over top of each burger. Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes and olives. enjoy on a muffins or hamburger bun.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that sound's like a burger I would like to try
    Thank's FLHT
  3. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I,m going to try that one. Sounds like a real winner for a biker gathering. AL
  4. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

a big hit

I have made these the last times we have cooled out and they are the first thing gone from the plate. Last time I had the neighbor cook them as part of a deal to use my grill. She really liked them too!!! I gotta thank ya for this recipe here and I always tell everyone it was from a biketalk website. Looking forward to trying more goodies in here as well. As soon as I think of something I make worth posting I'll get it up here too. I do a neat trick with Chicken breast and sealing it in aluminum foil and kinda pressure cook the chicken in the sealed wrap. They now make foil packs to do this. Wow wihed I had been in the ground floor on that invention. or my famous chicken leg beer boil/grill recipe.
    later
    Voo1 out:cool: