1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

(spam)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by oldsuperglide, Jan 16, 2006.

1. oldsuperglide

oldsuperglide New Member

I do appolize, I had no idea. Still don't know what it means. Last week i didn't even know how to type. much less 'cut''paste'email'read email.you would be surprised how long it took me to type this little bit. this is the only the second forum i have ever used. I will respect the rules, may need alittle help tho..this a very easy forum to use,that is good pratice for me. some day soon i can use the happy faces(icons). about to drive the wife crazy showing me what to do.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep we're all learing from time to time glad you're here to help every forum has different rules, this ones' supported by Direct Parts so linking to other sellers is frowned upon. If DP doesn't sell what someone needs then it's ok like linking to a machine shop to do heads from what I remember that's not an issue.

Everyone misses on that some time the spam is where some guy you never have seen pops on and says

Hey have you tried X-Product it's really cool check out the link below, that's spam they are trolling for hits to get a product moving,

Smiley faces are simple, where everyou are click the icon to the left and presto :eek: appears
  3. oldsuperglide

oldsuperglide New Member

spam

:) hotroadking, thanks for the support.It's good to come in here. and help.
  4. Hogdog

Hogdog Active Member

spam ????

hey oldsuperglide,

I believe it was my post (problem) that this whole da#$ started. I really appreciate your input, maybe someday I can help you!! Hang in there, love that keyboard and "da@# the torpedeos and full speed ahead"!! Just a note, I called Direct Parts sales line for the necessary HD parts for this adventure and I was told Direct Parts do not carry HD stock parts. This led me to the local hd dealer and he told me to take a torch to my lady lol. Glad you are here!!!

Peace
  5. CD

CD Guest

oldsuperglide

A long time ago I explained it as being like going to a supermarket and handing out fliers to a competing supermarket. It wouldn't be long before the butcher was chasing you out of the store.

The difference between this BBS and most others is that Direct Parts hosts it and pays the bills. Most other BBS are hosted by Yahoo, Google or privately such a the V-Twin forum where we are a supporter. In the V-Twin forum, links are encouraged and appreciated by the members.

Basic rule of thumb. If you are not sure, ask! I am always scanning the forums, you can send me a PM or an e-mail.

So, clear as mud? :confused:
  6. oldsuperglide

oldsuperglide New Member

span

i'll catch on. thanx CD.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

pretty easy stuff,