1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Spasams

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 1988flhtc in nfld, May 7, 2009.

1. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

k guys, any one else get spasams ,or stiff tightening top of the spineright where your neckk joins your back?you guys know my bike. guess theyre stock bars. it was really bad ridin cross country last year. get on bike for an hour and it starts again,"a real pain in the neck". seems like if i had at least 4 " risers laid back a little, could have some relief.mini apes or something. dont they make hirise bars for a dresser. if i ride with one hand i get some comfort but cant do that all the time. whats a good top end speed for 80ci dresser?
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes you can get different bars/risers for your bike.......but you may have to extend the cables/wires.
    a good top end speed?????????? for cruising or all out balls to the wall how fast it will go????
    flht should hit 100 given enough room.........should hit 80/90 real quick then start to fall off.......
  3. 1988flhtc in nfld

thanks for the reply, speed sounds bout right, later
  4. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I thought it was just me, but I used to get a bad pain between my shoulder blades too. I found that a good stretch with arms over my head before the ride and at stops would help a lot. A regular routine of shoulder exercises would help too.

The 16" bars I put on almost eliminated the pain, so I highly recommend apes. My bars won't work with a bat wing fairing. The bars I really like for bat wing fairings are the Paul Yaffee bars. They come in black too.

Here's a pic. I gotta work on getting a better pic.

Attached Files:

5. 1988flhtc in nfld

that bike rocks. and i like the bars, i been hearin the make an ape specific for bat wing modles.
  6. duke76

duke76 New Member

I second Tom saying go with the 16 apes, I put them on my Road King and hey are by far the most comfortable bar I have had on them yet and I have had 3 , the originals and then wide glide bars, I am around 6 feet tall and the bars are below shoulder height on me but 16 on a softail will be above my shoulder. Toddd
  7. duke76

duke76 New Member

here is a pic of my bike, if you need details let me know, Todd

Attached Files:

8. 1988flhtc in nfld

im really likin those bars,i must have a birthday or something comin up.
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

may 15th is comming up.......a good day to celebrate with new bars!!!!!!! lol:)