1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

spitting sporty...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jun 1, 2005.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

I know someone that just bought an 05 1200 custom..
    It idles "ok" then when he hits the throttle it spits and hesitates..almost everytime...so much for fisrt impresssions he said his buffy has a Buell that does the same thing..just red about checking the vent tube in another posting..but this thing does not even have any miles on it and gotta take it back to the dealer... :confused: I know things'll happen but come on right out the gate....oh well doesseemto bother him too much runs fine rest of the rpms just when you first twist the throttle :rolleyes: told him not to even try to mess with it let them get it straight even though it might be ths or maybe that or even ..but hey then it was easier to tell him take it back....I gotta admit I have had problems with any of my HDs. except for an excessively loud "clank" IMHO. when I shift compared to my others in the past.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

may be lean, factory setup is pretty lean or an air leak around the intake or carb.

Let the dealer deal with it, it's on the factory dime
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thanks

you got that right!!! just a shame right out the gate..
  4. CD

CD Guest

Wait for '06 models if you think that is bad. Leaner still at idle.

Fastest fix is to pull the welch plug and adjust the idle mixture. That will cure the majority of it.

Cannot really blame the dealer or H-D as being carbureted and lean as all get out it is pretty normal.

Look behind you....It is Uncle EPA causing it.

My brothers Nomad did it before he fixed it. A lot of Vulcan owners buy our idle mixture screw because they are so lean so it is not just H-D.