1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sporty Hesitation

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Tumshie, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Tumshie

Tumshie New Member

I have an 03 883, it runs excellent apart from one annoying glitch. When I am traveling at a good speed, say 70 mph or even sometimes under heavy acceleration there is a like a blip of hesitation or miss even that feels almost like you pulled the clutch in slightly and quickly but without the revs. It will do it maybe 3 times and then it is fine for a long while. Sometimes it never happens at all. It can be on a full tank, half tank, near empty tank. I have replaced the plugs and wires. The engine has a stage 1 kit in it with 45 pilot, 170 main, SE slip ons and SE/KN air cleaner. I get great mileage and it never lets me down, but I would like to track down this glitch. Bike has 27K Kms on it. I am going to be doing a 1200 conversion to it soon and I have a SE ignition waiting to go in, but it is for the 1200 not 883, if there is a big difference I don't know. Anyhow, any helpful hints would be appreciated. I am a diesel/auto mechanic by trade and have trouble just riding and not fretting over these little issues. Scott
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Burp

Usually a burp on acceleration is your timing , or your ignition is dialed in wrong. Retime it.
    Good luck.