1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sporty Speedo Problem

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Tumshie, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Tumshie

Tumshie New Member

I have a 03 Sportster. My problem is that when I go for a ride my speedo reads fine until I stop to fuel up or some other short stop. When I start again the speedo reads slow. I then shut it off and start up again and it reads fine. I wait for it to boot up each time as well. I have changed speedo heads, but to no avail. I am thinking speed sensor now but would rather get some opinions first. Also if I stop, but leave the iginition on (shut engine off with kill switch) and then start up after a short stop it is fine. I can do that, but I would rather solve the problem. Cheers, Scott
  2. CD

CD Guest

Clean the speedo sensor first. It may be so covered with debris it is not sending a reliable signal.