1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sporty Speedo Problem

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Tumshie, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Tumshie

Tumshie New Member

Here is another issue with my 03 883. My speedo works fine all the time, however if I stop to fuel up, when I start up the speedo reads slow. If I then stop, turn the ignition off, re-start, the speedo reads true again. If I stop for fuel and turn the ignition key to acc only to turn the engine off but keep the speedo powered up, it is ok. If I fuel up then cycle the ignition twice before starting, the speedo is ok. I always let it boot up in acc before turning the key to run. Also if the bike sits for say 10 minutes before starting the speedo reads true. It is just the quick gas up stops that affect it. I have changed the speedo head and cleaned the speed sensor. I have checked all the connections etc. Ideas??
    Cheers, Scott