1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Spot Light Switch & Wiring 06 Ultra

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by diverreb, Dec 13, 2006.

1. diverreb

diverreb New Member

Has anyone wired & installed a toggle switch on an 06 Ultra to allow the spots to be left on when the high beam is on? I ride on some dark country roads and would like to opportunity to use both sets of lights on occasion. I saw a company that makes a kit for the Road King, but he said it won't work on the Ultra's. ( http://www.spiyda.com ). The switch ideally would allow the standard operation so the spots go off when the HB is on and then the always on position, or always off position. If that doesn't work is there a way to hot wire the spots to always on, with the ability to plug back in for normal operation when needed?

Thanks,

Rich
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I recall seeing a schematic for how to wire this, just need to find it. It was pretty easy to do once each wire was located.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i didnt have a schematic, but i know it can be done. i wired my spots to turn on and off from the spot switch, whenever i choose....if a schematic is not available i will pull my bat wing and explain how i did it....it has been nearly a year since i did it.......let me know......
    chuck
  4. diverreb

diverreb New Member

No rush, but if you get around to it sometime, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Richie
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

It sounds like you have it handled with the schematics thing but if you need to you can go from your hot/supply through a 4 poll double throw switch and out to your spots (one throw) or to normal function (the other throw) that is what I believe you wanted from your thread unless I read it wrong. your goal is to reroute the juice bug over to your spots from the low beam side only when you want and in normal mode the rest of the time. if chuck or ken can't find the schematic I can try to etchascetch one up for you.
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Here's the schematic I had from a while back. It applies to a Roadking.

Attached Files:

7. diverreb

diverreb New Member

Thanks...

Thanks for the tips.... I'll give it a try one of these days & let you how it worked....

Richie