1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Springers first ride after mods

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 19, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well we had some descent weather this last weekend for a change, 70 and sunny. So I road the Springer up over MT Hood with a few others I know. I did the 95 kit with cams, re-jetted the carb with kens kit and added the V-ducter.
    The Springer is so strong and responsive now I can't believe its even the same bike. Not sure the new HP or torque gains, don't want to pay the price to put it on the dyno. Road it 200 miles yesterday (Sunday) and didn't ride it to easy either. Got 50 MPG on the refill. Only problem was that dammm Corbin seat is to hard.
  2. Wideglide85

Wideglide85 Active Member

How does that springer handle? I thought about putting a modern shock-dampened springer on my bike, but a couple old geezers I know told me I should keep the wide glide front end. Said springers are kinda mushy in corners.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Seats not too hard yer butts too soft LOL

Corbins take some time to break in and are very firm, point is they don't
    collapse like the hd old open cell foam seats... OVer the long haul it's better.
  4. FLHTbiker

The Springer is anything but mushy in the corners. Its very firm doesn't wallow. The Springer front end is what I really like about the bike.
  5. FLHTbiker

The seat is not new I picked it up at a swap meet. All I know is my ass felt like it was burning then bruised after 200 miles. I want to ride it next week to Reno a 580 mile ride one way but thinking I might take the Ultra.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

one word,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mustang!
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Corbin will contour to your butt and the soreness will go away
    just like a good saddle for the horse,
  8. FLHTbiker

Don't ride a horse so don't know. I could put a sheepskin cover over it.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have a mustang seat on mine and i am not sure that I like it. I am not sure why, but I just do not like it. I am considering of getting a complete custom seat made and have Danny Gray cover it.