1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sr vers Jr. ver Jesse

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Guess non of y'all has been watchin it , its on right now and they are gonna vote on the buildoff
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

I vote for Jesse James
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

all the RUBs have spoken & JR won with his set & look at bike
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

No Kidding!!!!:witsend: What a Crok of Shiit!!!! Do you think that Jr. Sr. were uncomfortable siting that close to each other??
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I only caught the last 5-10 min ,& Jesse ask JR to take a ride with him & JR change the subject :eek:then all the RUBS voted JR as #1 :eek:, As old Bob one said the times there are a changen
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I watched the last 30 minutes and Jessie is a total asss just like the rest of em. I think senior built that bike as a joke cause the whole build off show is a joke.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Must be nice to have the time and money to build a "joke". I would be interested in seeing all three bikes, but not all the hype and ego games behind them.
  8. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Indian Larry was laughen in his grave:roflmao::wtf::rant:
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Sr was trying to outdo jrs trike. He is an f n aweful piece of cow manure. Jesse is right there with sr. Jrs bikes aren't meant for riding either bjut compaRed to the other two he's closest to norfmal.
    Indian Larry is missed!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Money don't talk - it swears. Bob Dylan.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

+1!!!
  12. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

we all have an opinion for sure but the fact is the only one that truely built a bike was jesse . the fact that he is an ass is a no brainer , but he has all the true skills and is a craftsmen . and his blacksmith work was awesome . a true bike builder ! ground up other than motor and trany!and wire wheels
  13. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

+1 All 3 of them act childish just to sell their show. Jesse does have a talent of working metal and JR and SR know people who can.
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I watched it off and on, not enough of the work was shown, just the BS, They are all dicks anyway. I know it's a show but man they could so some class instead of being the clowns they are.:puke:
  15. FLHTbiker

I don't know how the rest of you felt but when they started showing the fights between jr and sr on the show I thought that was in poor taste for Discovery channel. I do think jr has some talent as well, he just builds show bikes. Jessie does have some true talent but is such an erogantt jerk. Sr to me has no talent just a big mouth. Sr and Jr need to bury the hatchet.
  16. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I liked the Jr design best because it was the most ride worthy....the James bike would be a montrosity to ride (had to look around the tree/handlebars to see, and the steering geometry was crap for anything other than a bar bike - so much for "building bikes that can be ridden")) and the Sr "bike" was (on purpose? - hopefully) a complete joke.

I haven't seen the final episode yet (only the second-to-last one where the three rides were being finished), so I don't even know if that Sr "bike" can go down a road for more than a couple hundred feet.:banghead:

I wouldn't have wanted any of those bikes if I had to keep 'em unchanged. The best feature of any of the rides was the real riveted look on the Jr bike - I just wish it was done on a better bike. I always hate when there are painted-on rivets or metal painted to look like wood or fake bullet holes -when I want a bullet hole look on something, I shoot it!

The smoke system was less stupid than the flame system. That smoke could have actually helped in some riding situations I've been in.:devil:

As for Indian Larry, some of his work was great, and other stuff crap. But that seems to happen to every artist that stays at it long enough.

:cheers:
  17. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Jr's bike looks like something a clown would ride around on in a circus. He over does his "designs".
    Sr's bike wasn't a motorcycle. Why he wasted so much time and energy on that P.O.S is beyond me.
    Jesse's was the only real chopper although he is a real douche! His frame was extend up too high, he couldn't see over the gas tank.
    The whole show was just stupid~! It would be 100 times better if they just concentrated on the building of the bikes and not the other B.S.
    Mikey is fat, lazy, stupid waste of time.
  18. FLHTbiker

I hope Discovery moves on, cancels all of em and they all go broke. :D
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

JMO it was a popularity contest

Sr knew he couldn't win a popularity contest so he basically said
    FU to the public and built a non bike. It was cool looking and electric
    gotta give the guys some due for having the balls to do that.

PJD bike was nothing more than a bolt on bike, all the parts other than
    the take were made elsewhere, listen when the stuff comes in they
    always say "so and so did a great job" Cake Bike 1 gal of gas you can ride an
    azz blistering 30 miles on the tank LOL poser bike neat design but
    those cartoon wheels ugh lee

JJ built his frame from raw billet material, bent by hand,
    welded and cut by hand, in his shop, his hands, the tank
    fabed on an english wheel, hammered out by hand, smoothed
    welded, frame welded by JJ and crew in shop.

The only stuff parted out was to buy a complete engine
    which is normal unless you have a builder and few do, and trans
    and the pain, again normal unless you paint.

JJ Built a bike
    PJD assembled a bike from parts... Cake Bike, or Bike ina Box...
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  20. Tommyc

Tommyc Active Member

Jr's bike is stupid looking. He looses site of the big picture by putting too much detail junk on his bikes. More is not always better. Simple elegance is sometimes much nicer than flashy gaugy stuff. His bikes are more show than go which in a way defetes the whole purpose of building a motorcycle. Just "theme bikes" not really riders. And if he ever went for a ride and happened to break down he would not be able to figure out and fix the problem. Pretty sad considering he's a bike "builder".