1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stage 1 Tuners kit from CVP

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Lttle Rick, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

Stage 1 Carb Kit

Hey all..I'm new here. From what I see there's a ton of knowledge among members. I have a '97 XL1200C. Among the changes I've made are Arlen Ness Big Sucker and V&H Straightshots. My CV carb was recently rejetted but am still having a coughing problem. I have seen the Stage 1 kits that Harley Performance offers and am wondering if I need to buy a complete kit or, since rejetting has been done, if the EZ-Just mixture screw alone may solve the issue. When rejetted, no vortex or yost tube was used.
    For simplicities sake should I just buy the deluxe kit with EZ-Just and be through with it? Are the kits a relatively sure remedy for my problem? Thanks.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there is no "fix all" for carbs. there are a lot of variables to consider. that said, if the rest of the system is in good shape you will not be disapointed with the deluxe kit from cv. i installed one, adjusted it as per the instructions and have not had any problems since....about 30k miles ago.
    have fun and keep us posted!!!!!!!!:)
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I put the kit in my Daughters 04 883 with pipes & ac mod & did like chuck did & read the directions & it runs just fine with no coughing
  4. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

I put on 150mi or so today and the coughing issue was quite a bit better....still occasional. Part of the improvement is due to the fact that I filled up with "no ethynol 93 octane". I think for the time being I'm gonna try the EZ-Just alone and see if the A/F mixture will fix it. Thank alot bros. I appreciate your help.
  5. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

the carb kit is some of the best money i spent. i put it in with the ness big sucker and h-d slip ons. if i didn't know it was the same bike i would swear someone swapped it on me.
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got my kit in the mail today after much online shopping so now I have to get it on my ride - will let ya know what happens - but I'm expecting a big return on my investment.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i dont think you will be disapointed..........as long as everything else is in good shape!!!!!!!!!! let us know!!!!
  8. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

OK...just pulled the trigger to order deluxe kit, rebuild kit, and hi-flow fuel inlet. I picked up a new set of plugs today. I hoping this will improve performance, which wasn't bad as it was. You all talked me into it. Will keep you posted.
  9. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

Test..to see if photo is visible.