1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stage One Download

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Apr 6, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I just got intake and exhaust done on the SG. I'm wondering if I need to get the stage one download from the dealer. I have a Cobra tuner. Don't know if it will help or not.

Kevin
  2. steveb

steveb Active Member

I am not sure how or what the Cobra tuner does. It should be able to tune the bike so you will not need the dealer download. There others on the forum that will know far more about it than myself.
  3. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

I've got a Cobra on mine. It will get you the fuel enrichment that you need. The only thing more you will get with the download as I recall, is some extra rpm. I was told by the stealer that the download alone wasn't enough for my pipes and air kit. Odd considering I didn't buy the Cobra from them, and didn't get the download either. He said the download was only enough for air kit and slip on mufflers. This is just my experience. Others may well have better info.
  4. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Harley told me that after 06 a stage one download doesn't work. They said the bike was good to go and that I needed a FI adjuster.
  5. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thundermax is claimin next month they are gonna release their unit for the TBW, it would be the best tuner you can git for yer bike.
    2nd choice would be a PCV with A/T retrofit.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have heard that story many times over the last couple of years........