1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stage one kit is in WOW

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by Turbo kid, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Turbo kid

Turbo kid New Member

I bought a 1997 road king a few weeks ago with this list of mods done to it already,SE cam,SE air filter,complete dyna 2000 ignition and a pair of no baffel poker slip on mufflers.The bike ran like **** it ran like it had a respatory infection at best it wouldn't or couldn't pull second third or fourth gear to red line.It was really lazzzzzzy at best.

So I ordered a stage one kit a easy adjust air mixture screw and a complete gasket kit all for less than $100 !I installed the kit just as the instructions said,replaced all the gaskets and acceleator pump dia. and installed a pair of SE mufflers.

The result is WOW does it run excellent!It pulls every gear to red line every time.It idles excellent all the time and will pull fith gear at 40 mph as if it was in third before.After a 70 mile ride I had adjusted the idle low so I could hear the cam and at that point it did start a pop from the carb once in a while at a red light with a quick rev but with how well the bike runs I am NOT going to touch it.So again it's the best money I have spent in a looooong time.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you running like you should , I put the same kit in my Daughters sporty & it sure woke up a slepping Dog :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

be carefull getting the idle to low.....we all love the potato sound, but the engine doesnt..............