1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stay out of Wyoming

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 12, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

This year

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Thirty motorcyclists were killed on Wyoming roads in 2010, the most ever in a single year, according to the Wyoming Department of Transportation.

The vast majority of the deaths came because of rider error, State Highway Safety Engineer Matt Carlson said in a media release. But Wyoming Department of Transportation spokesman Dave Kingham said the department couldn't explain why there were more rider errors last year than ever before

Motorcycle deaths hit all-time high in Wyoming
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Why pick on Wyoming when your own state has had a 30 percent increase in motorcycle deaths over the years. I read where for every 100,000 in Texas population that there are 101 motorcycle deaths.:rolleyes:
  3. cardboard

Yer reading where cagers run over the motorycles in the BIG Cities.
    Not out here in the country.
    We probaly got more people riding motorcycles too.
    Houston has like 5 million people in it.
    Everybody ain't documented as citizens.
    Some are from other states workin and living here.
    See the tags all the time.
  4. FLHTbiker

Oregon - In 2006 Oregon's fatality rate was 3.9 deaths for every 10,000 registered bikes against a national rate of 7.3 deaths.

The national rate has risen steadily as more bikes are registered. But in Oregon the number of bikes has increased by 43 percent since 2001.

Saftey officials say training is a major reason for Oregon's low death rate. About 70 percent of the state's riders receive training through Team Oregon, a training course sponsored by the Oregon Department of Transportation. The training is mandatory for people aged under 21 years.
  5. cardboard

I was in a ONE TON Ford Diesel van. White with Blue reflective letters on it.
    Was in the median waiting to do a left turn when I got a break in the traffic.
    A Nigerian came flying down the steet turned in the median I was in. He was driving a Lexus. When he took off making a left turn behind me.
    He plowed into the back wheel of my van while he was lookin at traffic comin at him.
    The cop wrote me the ticket. WTF. I had my foot on the break.
    The NIgerian was callin me sayin he needed a new car and he was disabled from the wreck.
    I tole him to call my attorney or insurance company.

Went to court from the Ticket the Police officer gave me. I had a attorney.
    The Nigerian came in and was screaming at me. I told my attorney I will kick his butt the dude as soon as he gits within reach of me.
    The Cops grabbed him and took him out of the court room

Nigerians coming to the UNited States to study and go to school . This one was gonna become a Attorney.

Took 3 yrs with Allstate hiring a lawyer to git this settles.
    HIs attorney met with my attorney askin me what I wanted to offer to settle the claim.
    I picked the big table up off the floor and was gonna throw it on the attorney.
    My attorney grabbed the table that was like 6 ft long and grabbed me and took me out of the room.
    I told my lawyer if you offer then anything, yer gonna have to call the police.
    I will close the attorneys eyes shut.
    A nigerian runnin into me and 3 yrs or crap. I reached my limit.

The Nigerians lawyer quit the case after I pulled the stunt I did.
    Wasn't long after that that I gave my business away.
    The stress had gotten to me from living in the Big City.

See what you caused, got my blood pressure up again.:gah:
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  6. FLHTbiker

So what did they say that got you the ticket?
  7. cardboard

Lawyer took care of it dude.
    Don't go to court without a lawyer. You need that mouthpiece.
    It ain't about the money, its about the ticket going on yer record.
    Now the insurance company can go up on yer rated and the credit bureau can use it to charge you higher interest rates.
    I don't think that is fair.............
    But the Laws suck anyway. They are mostly about money.
  8. FLHTbiker

So what did you do wrong to get the ticket?????
  9. cardboard

Nigerian and his brother was there, they tole their story and I tole mine.
    The cop who never seen the accident wrote me the ticket.
    MY left shoulder was hurt and I couldn't move my left hand from the wreck
    Was trying to git my Drivers license and CHL permit out. Handed the cop my drivers license and said give me a minute to be able to git my hand back in my pocket to git the CHL permit out.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. FLHTbiker

CB, you should be more careful in saying to someone your going to kill them or shoot them when others can here you.
  11. cardboard

Yer right.

Went threw a very, very hard time because of somebody else's fault that was blamed on me.
    And went threw it for 3 yrs.

And you know what kind of doctor the dude went to after the wreck.
    A month after the wreck, He went to a Chiorpractor.

Now if you was in a wreck why would you go to a Chiorpractor.
    And why would you wait a Month.
  12. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

If you can't ride, stay out of Wyoming. Ridden there and lived, and the only thing that I was really concerned with was muleys and pronghorns. Not enough other cars to get nervous about.

As for CB's trubs - the reason ya hire a lawyer is to talk for ya. I learned a long time ago that you never threaten anyone. You either hurt 'em, kill 'em, or let 'em be...and when you get a lawyer on your side, you've already made your choice to forego the former two. Folks should get their money's worth from their lawyers.

:cheers:
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Keep in mind that Wyoming is very close to Sturgis. A lot of people have to go through Wyoming to get to or leave Sturgis. I believe Bruce Rossmeyer was killed in Wyoming on his way to Sturgis.

It's also really freaking windy. REALLY windy.
  14. FLHTbiker

I'll say its windy there, wife and I on the bike two up running hard to escape a Tornado that was coming down next to us between Sheridan and Gillete. Pretty scary, they also got some violent lightening storms to, been through one big one while riding south out of Hoback Junction.
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

When I was on my first cross-country trip, I remember staying at a campground in Gillette and was worried about a tornado the whole time.
  16. FLHTbiker

When riding that morning between Sheridan and Gillette the wife started yelling at me and pointing up. Right above us and to the right was a huge funnel forming and coming down. I cranked the bike up and we were moving out pretty fast. No underpasses to hid under out there.
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Underpasses are very bad in a tornado. They create a Venturi effect and stuff gets sucked through them at really high speeds - or so I've heard. Better to lay down in a ditch and pray.
  18. FLHTbiker

:roflmao: Well never tried it myself. Everything in that area of Wyoming is flat so I figured best to try and out run it. It went across the freeway and headed north. :)
  19. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Did you see a boatload of dead rabbits? That's the thing I remember about Wyoming. After I left Gillette and headed west then up to Red Lodge, there were flat rabbits covering the road. :eek:
  20. FLHTbiker

No, but one year out of Fields (no where) Oregon we were riding through there headed to McDermit Calif (sits on the boarder) in the evening. We had to reduce our speed down to about 20 MPH because of all the Rabbits. They were everywhere and would just run right out in front of you or sit there and let you run over them. The road was really thick with em. Kind of like a bug hatch, it was really weird.

Ever rode through a cattle drive going down the rode, now that's a bit spooky.