1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stebel air horn

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 11, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got one almost Identical in size and power and mounted it behind the right side cover. Had to make a bracket to fit that mounts to the front of the rear fender bolt just behind the tranny. Been on my ride for over a year with no problems and it will for sure get anybodies attention when I use it.:)
  3. FLHTbiker

I don't want to mount it where the stock horn is already mounted. Was thinking of the area up front somewhere between the frame. Have to look at the area where you mounted it.
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

I left my stock horn on but rewired the button to the air horn. That stock horn wouldn't even make a good paper weight.
  5. FLHTbiker

You should hear the one on my springer. Its mounted up front and sounds like a little honda 50cc horn. Simply embarrassing and thought that maybe I could put the ultra horn on it. Or buy a Wolo air horn at Harbor freight.