1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Still here just

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Jan 8, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

busy. My2002 3.4 liter chevy impala started steaming out the pipe right before christmas. Thought it might have been the inake manifold since they are notorious for that and the compression was good. but it turned out i should have taken the heads off the first time(surfaced them too). got it back together though. My wife's Jimmy took a turn and broke an upper ball joint on me during the same time.I sat back to enjoy some downtime and noticed my computer was smoking. got a new hard drive and the bios does not recognize the harddrive so now I am in the middle of fixing it. got a swapmeet met for motorcycles this weekend on the 13th of January and I plan on going. Good thing I can still walk there if everything decides to take a crap again. Almost worried that when I fix the computer what the next thing that decides to break might be. Nevermind the Television is acting up and the picture is fading to where you cannot see it and the backup set only lets you hear what is going on with a messed up picture. Wow come on summer so I can get out and back on the bike. See ya all around!!!!
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

When it rains it can really pour, nice to hear your staying busy…
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow voodoo......sounds like ya got a black cloud hovering over you!!!!:) just remember, were here for a sounding board, and every cloud has a silver lining...........................................if ya believe in that stuff!!!!!:D
    all kidding aside, hope the rest of your year is a great one!!!! looks like it has to be, cause your getting all the stuff out of the way in the first month!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Damn i just found someone with worst luck then me :cool: Like chuck said it should be all out of the way , & hope your new year goes better
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Wow Voodoo, I think my black cloud found it's way over to your neck of the woods.....sorry about that! Hope things turn for you soon!
  6. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

Hey VooDoo,
    man I know how you feel.I've just ended the last months of '07 barely making 40 hours a week!(were flat-rate paid)The pay checks seem like F$#?!^ning KENO tickets at times.I have great wife & son which take a lot of the days crappiness away.I too can't wait for the dry/warmer days to ride.
    I remember some years ago on a water ski trip the sound of the wind as I skied the lake.I guess this is my mental "happy" place because I seem to think of it when all else seems to be crap.;)
    Lifes short man,enjoy whatcha got(even if ain't much)
    00 wildglide:cool:
  7. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Voodoo1 you are off to a great start man. Get all this crap luck out of the way early in the year. I have always been told the best way to start your day is by eating a frog first thing in the morning, after that the rest of the day seems great. I haven't met any french girls to try that theory with, and imagine wifey would get pretty POed. Maybe you can let me know how it works out for you. :roflmao:

Like Chuck said friends make great relief valves dude. Let off steam our way and maybe we can help ya deal with it, or atleast let you get it off your chest. Warm and Dry weather is coming man, just hang tough you'll get there.
  8. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Ya Know they say God will only put on you what you can handle, and what dont kill you will make you stronger,from the sounds of it you should try out for the words strongest man competition :roflmao: My ? is why do we have to Handle being so strong?? Good Luck