1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Still some good people around

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Oct 8, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

1 last week I sent a email to a guy with some parts on cragslist here he sent me back his PH # so I called him & made a deal he lives about 75 miles so I sent him A uspo money order ,he called me & let me know he recived & sent my part right out (leather pouch for my tank ) Allen if you read this thank's alot
    2 Today after soem running around in my PK with my handi cap son & my 17 mo old grand daughter we stop for lunch at Dennys , My son can't eat a hambuger just wont work to hard to chew so I'am setting there feeding them both & myself & just mild talk to to two men in one booth & two ladys at the next table over wh they all left before us ask the waitress for my check & she said the two men paid my bill & left her a good tip I was just about floored , one of the men was a reguler there & both dressed like me T shirt & jeans gave me a good boost toword man again
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice story cowboy.......it couldnt happen to a better guy!!!! what goes around, comes around, and you are also a giver!!!!!!!!!:)
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

great story cowboy it sure puts a little faith back into mankind again, hope that gentelman is rewarded down the road as they are far and few between
  4. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

mine isn't nearly as touching but hear goes
    sunday I dropped a valve in my motor I was buying parts on ebay and buy it nowed a pair of cams the shipping calculator said 12.95 so I added that to the paypal amount about an hour later I got an email from the guy saying he already sent the cams and returned 3 bucks because the postage was less also I made 3 seperate parts orders with branch flowmetrics and they phoned me and combined the shipping on my valves and guides and springs it saved me 23 bucks
    there still good people out there and sometimes you don't have to look for them they find you
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

steve that there also puts my faith back in man kind :cool: