1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Strapping down motorcycle on a trailer

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by billym64, Nov 10, 2009.

1. billym64

billym64 New Member

i know i read this on here somewhere, but im having trouble finding it again! when trailering a bike properly, should the front forks be pushed all the way down or not if rolled up into a wheel chock? thanks guys :D
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have always put two soft straps over the triple tree and attach two ratchet tie down straps to the Soft straps and then to the trailer floor tie down hook up points and ratchet it down pulling the tipple tree down which sucks the front end down. When placed in the wheel chock this way there is no movement on the front end. I also strap the back down just to keep the rear from moving from side to side. I am sure there will be some other points or suggestions.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i do like FLHT does & it keep's her in place
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i run the soft straps across the frame in front of the tank. compress the front end about half compression. you dont want to bottom out the forks as hitting bumps will damage it....
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I never run them down so far as to bottom them out
  6. billym64

billym64 New Member

thanks guys ! was pretty sure about doing it half way (not all the way) by the way --nice avatars!!! and thanks to all of the veterans!!!!!!! bill:)