1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Stupid question - air cleaner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hot01, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Can anyone tell me how to take this off? There aren't any notches in the center piece to stick a screwdriver. I'd try, but I really don't want to mess it up. I hate to start loosening random bolts. It was something they put on after the wreck, so I don't have the instructions for it.

Attached Files:

2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

OK, the center piece does come off.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

got the cover off?????? once the pretty doo dad is removed it should be pretty straight forward.....
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yes. I was afraid to wedge something in there and start prying, but I knew I wasn't supposed to take the nuts off on the back.
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool!!!! your gonna make a great wrench!!!!! maybe not as good as your writing ability, but a good one nonetheless!!!!!!!!!