1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

sturgis

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sixpac, Apr 21, 2004.

1. sixpac

sixpac New Member

everybody going to sturgis this year. i,m new and need some one to ride with pref a woman. :cool:
  2. BIKER883

BIKER883 New Member

NO YOU DONT? BUT HOW MANY ARE GOING THIS YEAR I,VE HEAR A LOT OF TALK ABOUT A BOYCOTT. :eek:
  3. CD

CD Guest

Boycott?

Hear that about Daytona, Sturgis, Laconia every year. Problem is, you have little or no hope in getting any real type of Boycott going. The logistics of it alone would make any effort about futile.

Every year it is for a different reason, Cops to tough, prices to high, not enough topless contests etc. There are always those who vote by staying away but every year many more make their first pilgrimage to the holy lands of motorcycling..

I've been doing this business so long that I would much rather put my face in the wind with my buds and bros than make either run personally. I need to get away from the looking at the bikes and get back to doing what they are for and ride them. Give me a long weekend or a week with friends over any rally and time.
  4. Goose

Goose New Member

I'll second that motion. I don't plan on any big rallys anymore. Only reason I'd go is to ride with friends. Might do Daytona just for the racing, but hell, I have SpeedTV. Only thing, they never show the short track, the lesser support classes and such. I still kinda like Daytona because there's so much racing and such going on in addition to the rally, but I likely ain't going back there anytime soon. If Barber gets a USGP next year, I may do that. It's not a rally, though. For nascar fans, I hear they're trying to get it a week before Talladega in April.

I'm probably going to do a little rally in Galveston because it's so close to home, but Sturgis is a LONG way from me and I've done it once.I do have Labor day off this year and SK mentioned eastern Arizona, maybe, Alpine?
  5. chiplitfam

chiplitfam Guest

About Galveston?

When is that? If I have my bike by then I will be going. : :D
  6. Goose

Goose New Member