1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Summer fun

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

The weather is being fabulous over here in Blighty which is why I am not posting much, too busy having riding fun. We went away for the weekend, to the Forest of Dean, found a pub to stay in. We did some walking in the forest, then later found some great local roads to ride in the forest and the Wye valley. We had vast amounts of fun, so much I neglected to take any riding photos but here are some wildlife pictures we took in the forest.

Parkend 2010 :: deer picture by Omentide - Photobucket

Parkend 2010 :: Wild boar picture by Omentide - Photobucket

Parkend 2010 :: Wild boar and baby picture by Omentide - Photobucket

The only thing I am allowed to shoot with is a camera, so no HOG roast for me. But to see wild boar roaming free was pretty amazing.

Had a fantastic ride home, wandering through southern England, mostly in warm sunshine.

Heading off again this coming weekend to the South Downs, making the most of what is looking to be a good summer over here.
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Have a safe summer and don't forget the pics.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pics ashley!!!!!!!!! you stay safe out there....tell the lovely bride hi for me!!!!
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Cool pics, very nice have a great riding season.
  5. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Thanks guys. And Hi from Hilary.

I'll try to get some more riding pictures.

For once summer over here is being good. Long may it last. It is our last full summer in the UK so we are hoping to make the most of it.
  6. chucktx

i take it you will be moving in the fall???? or when it is colder? i didnt know ya found a place.....good luck with it!
  7. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Moving to Turkey next July and still got to find a place, we are going looking at some in September but there is no real reason to rush into buying.

This is our last full summer season in the UK, hence trying to make the most of it. And one more UK winter to endure.
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I wonder is it safe living in Turkey?
  9. chucktx

im not sure i would move there................stay safe!!!
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ashley - did you find out if they will give you any problems taking your bike to Turkey? - Seems like you had mentioned something about that in a post.
  11. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Turkey is safe. Well as safe as the UK or most other countries. I'm not worried on this score. The reality is there are places within Turkey which might be less safe, just as there are places in the UK or USA I would rather not visit. It comes down to being sensible and not taking unnecessary risks.

As to taking a bike with me, this might be problematic - I'm not sure yet. It depends on whether my NHS pension is accepted as evidence of me being retired. If I am officially counted as being retired I can import a vehicle. If not, then no. But this is no problem since can sell my bike in the UK and buy one there. Either way having a bike will probably be expensive but I will have a bike.