1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sunday trip

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Sunday is my wife's 57th birthday and she wanted to go see ZZ Top at the Houston Rodeo, so I got tickets online and we're headed up there. I'm dreading the traffic, reckon I'll come in on 288 from the south. 59 sux big time, constant construction, sux, sux, sux. I hate Houston, hate going there, hate dealing with it. But, I guess I'll HAVE to deal with it. But, up side, I've been a ZZ Top fan since "Tres Hombres" and "Fandango".

"Well they all call her Puta, 'cause no one really knows her name,
    She works the cantina, dancin' and a lovin's her trade,
    Her mama was Meskin and her daddy was an ace of spades....."

Or something like that. ROFL!

Drive that ol' Chrysler to Mesiko boys! BWAAA, ha, ha!
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Goose, you better hold yur ears....ZZ Top was, by far, the LOUDEST concert I have ever seen. Awesome, but F**KING loud! Have a great time!
  3. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Man,....ZZ Top....the last concert I went to with them was their "Eliminator Tour" in Las Cruses New Mexico!! I don't even want to think about how many years ago that was!!!!......Hmmmm, kinda feelin' old all of a sudden....
  4. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

They played at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse once. Never went to the concert, but it was so loud I sat on my front porch and listeed to the whole show. They were indeed extremely loud. I saw them on tv some time ago, and they were having fun playing for the crowd. Looks like it would be an awesome show to go see. I still loved their music simple and loud... Awesome!!!:)
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

zz top, one of the many great things to come from TEXAS!!!
  6. eValve

eValve New Member

The ZZ Top at the Houston Rodeo is a nice place. I hope you and your wife had fun.

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea you cant beat ZZ Top for a good time....I saw em with Skynyrd here at the United center...Love the fuzzy guitars !!