1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Sundowner seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ruffrider11, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Anyone have a sundowner deep bucket seat? Harley has one for the FatBoy
    and I think I want one.:biker:
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Make sure you stop by a dealership and try one out. They normally have demo seats that you can try out in the showroom. What feels great to one person can be a PITA to you.

Example, many love their Corbin seats which are very firm to increase support. However to me they numb my lower back. Everyone's ergonomics are different so its best to try one for yourself. FWIW, I've tried the Sundowner and found it comfortable and well made.
  3. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Thanks

Thanks KenFuzed I would hate to spend 300+ bones and have it geve me the backache. :biker:
  4. DaveFxst

DaveFxst New Member

Put one on my 2001 FXTD in 2003 just before Laconia run - never took it off since. My only complaint is that it gets hot around the oil bag because the seat is wider and lower than the stock unit - not a problem unless you are going slow in heavy traffic. My lady loves it - two hours is no longer a lesson in endurance.

Looked at other aftermarket seats, some of which are probably fine. This one just seemed to be the best bet for the money.
  5. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

I would agree with Kenfuzed, everyones ergo's are different. I just put a Mustang seat on my 02' Heritage. Most comfortable seat I've ever road. Wish I would have got it when the bike was new. Figure I could do an iron butt run with no problem. Also, you may want to check prices on ebay before you buy from the stealership.
  6. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

thanks

Thanks to all for the advice . If my girl can get more thand 30 miles it will be and improvment she gets the monkey-butt real bad always wanting to pull over . The one I want is made for the FATBOY with same lacing and design.I just think it looks good too
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

be carefull with "lacing and designs". that is what helps contribute to "monkey butt". also, after you get the seat, try some sheepskin, you will be amazed how much they help!!!
  8. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

seat

Thanks chucktx I will try that and oned again your avatar leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy. Looks like they're gonna beat those boobies like bongo drums
  9. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

I agree with u ringo, went from stock seat to sundowner to mustang, momma happy now

DKIN21
  10. fr8dog

fr8dog New Member

I put a Sundowner on my 2006 Streetbob. Love the thing! I am 5' 12" and 220lbs. I put 800 miles on the seat in one day and had no problem getting back in the saddle the next morning. Everybody's backsides are different, just my $0.02.

JD
  11. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I am still running my STOCK seat for the E-Glide standard.....however, I DID get a backrest and sheepskin while in Sturgis for the run home..... I noticed quite a difference. The other thing that I got (not sure of what applications other then the e-glide series) is a heat shield that attatches under the seat/side covers. Blocks some of the heat coming off the engine into the groin.

Hey Chuck...this is something you may look at!! made by Kyriockin (or however you spell it!)...thanks for the tip on the sheepskin...worked WONDERS along with the backrest!!!