1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SuperTrapp/Kerker Slip Ons

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Lucifer, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Changed end caps on my RK yesterday...When I was pulling off the tapered end cap the baffle started coming out with it...I though to myself,"Great, don't have to take the muffler off to change baffles"
    Well, they aren't supposed to come out that easy...(Have the same system on my Evo)
    The end of the baffle where the end cap mounts was there but the rest of it was cut off,only about 6" of the mesh screen was left on it...here's what was attached to the screen...

[​IMG]

This is how it went in the pipe( the silver tail pipe joint was stuck in the screen and the louvered baffle wide end was at the muffler inlet...

[​IMG]

You can see how the end was spread out to fit in muffler

[​IMG]

Here's the installed muffler,minus the homemade baffle in it...I just left the end of the original Kerker baffle in so I could bolt on the end cap...

[​IMG]

Bike with slip ons installed...sounds way better without the automotive stuff in there:roflmao: actually sounds pretty good with 1/3 baffle in and throttle response is better...baffle didn't come out with the other end cap...I wonder what's in there:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

It made my decision to order the Kerker Mikuni PAT baffle a lot easier..
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The fishtails look good on it.
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Thanks...it's a lot more quiet in the saddle too,now that the pipes end farther behind the bike...
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

love the fishtails!!!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Like the fish tails , good looking cop ride :)