1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I think I mentioned it last year, but I had a buddy that got sidswiped by a drunk early one morning on his way to work, ejected him off his scooter, and head/face first into a phone pole that had seen its fair share of yard sale posters, paramedics, wrote him off on the scene, a moan changed their mind and he was rushed to the hospital not expected to survive, then it was that the impact to his face was to leave him a vegie, later it was he will not be able to communicate and most likely be bed ridden, to not walking to being dependent, to the recent when can I return to work? He has a bad eye right now from nerve damage, but is waiting for corprate doctors release.
    thought I would up date you all and throw out a success story and a will and mentality that can fight and overcome some of the biggest obsticales thrown at him.
    I'm sure he'll be back to his scooter soon I'm guessing a Bagger.
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Glad to hear he stickin with it.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yes indeed , a good to here story tell him to keep it up & give them hell while on his way to recovering all the way
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea that's always great to hear. That female cop who was riding through Wyoming that I talked about here a few years ago that had a horrific motorcycle crash. She was not expected to live either but after 3 or more months in intensive care came through it. She had so many broken bones throughout her body that they never thought she would even return back to work let alone ever ride again. Well after a couple years of therapy and working out she is back in the police car with her dog and has a new Crossbones. Tough gal, but the arthritis is now kicking in pretty bad from all the injuries and she may have to retire early.
  5. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of his misfortune...glad to hear he survibed and is gonna be riding a bagger soon. Good choice,lol. Although that night train and Fat boy low sure look nice.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

both stories are great....glad they are improving and living life to their fullest.