1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Swapmeet find for seat rest

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Went to the local bike sawp meet today. I saw the neatest thing for seats.
    THis fella made a cylinder round leather pouch (with or without studs) about 6 inches in diameter. It has a strap that wraps under and around your seat seat strap then velcros itself to cylinder. This thing will fit any seat and if ya do not have a strap for your seat it they sell one with the set up. That is about the best I can describe it. I gotta make a trip down that way and get one from his shop or he said he can ship it to me. It looks like it belongs there with the seat!!! It is the first thing I have seen in a while that I think I gotta have. I will retire the ol' sleeping bag....... maybe. Once I get it I'll put up pics for show and tell. The fella selling them said the local guy that makes them for him has the patent on it.
    Later:cool:
    Voo1
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds interesting!!!!!
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

oh yeah

I am telling ya this is the best practical thing I have seen since I do not know when. I actually am looking forward to getting one here in a week or so.
    Gotta fix the truck first to get out of the dog house then pick up a back tire and then this new backrest. Come on Warm days!!!

Later:cool:
    Voo1
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sounds cool would love to see a picture. :)
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

do they/he have a web site ? son-in-law might be looking for one for his victory 8 Ball
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

yeah but

the site does not contain the product yet.
    The site also is a custom costume site (got some nice pics of a lady in a cat outfit and all. I called and he stated the website should be updated in a few days. Dual shop. I am gonna order one and have it shipped to me from the lower part of the state. If ya want ya can priv. message and I'll give ya his business number. ( don't wanna break any rules.) I told him there was some people interested in one for bikes out of a few other places around the country, he said "Great." The guy had a line at his booth that day,the product looked good.
    I do not know him at all.
    I am almost giddy:D about getting something new that might actually serve a purpose. The cost was right at 50 bucks for the whole shuh-bang(spell check?)
    Later :cool:
    Voo1
  7. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

not forgot. I am gonna get to this next weekend finally. The car is still coding now it is the rear Catalytic converter coding. It might be a vaccum leak I fixed one probable leak, cleared the codes and four days later it came on again.) Getting tired of this dang 02 impala. But I will get this picked up next weekend and pics thereafter.
  8. chucktx

were waiting patiently!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: lol
  9. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

update

I should be gettig mine this week. I had a frined that passes right by the store a few times a month.
    Here is a pic. Once to get to this site type in teir search window
    BACK BUDDY. If ya click on the small pic/words it will show you a full pic on a bike with someone sitting on bike.
    Costume Emporium Plus Product List

later:cool:
    Voodoo1
  10. chucktx

bigger pic........

Attached Files:

11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

they also make one about 18 inches in diameter,,,saw it on r.c.s bike saturday,,,,pops
  12. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

got it

looks great.......
    My friend that stopped down there on her way home said they were the nicest people and were opening another side of their business (gave her an entire tour) store and he was trying to get back to college since he had lost his job( They were very nice when I met them, I thinkg that is the actual lady on the bike in that pic that I met) I will get pics(of the backrest:D :rolleyes: ) up and can't wait to see if it works as well as I am expecting it too. Of cousre this will mean retiring the decades old ol' roll the always go with me. I am sure they said the fella that made them lived down there and was making them, but the box showed up reading made in China. I do not know if the box was or if the part was. I called for clarification, waiting for reply, but if ya order one they are really well built.
    later :cool:
    pics on the way

Voo1
  13. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

heres the scoop

the fella that made and holds the patent for the Back Buddy is American in Alambama.however he does have it made overseas.(china)
    The people that I purchased mine from where very nice and from the southern most part of the state and own their own(leather includede Adult Costume Store:D . custom
    But opened a second half of the business leather goods an accessories.
    They are actually the furthest dealer North so far for the back buddy. They met/know the Alabama man and wanted to help market the product and carry it in their store.
  14. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

update

Well now I can figure out how to put it on.:D

install

Later
    Voo1
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Only if ya speak ala-baman.... LOL

Nice hope it works well, I about fell offa my chair when she said

"reach down between your legs and pull" LOL