1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tail light removal: '95 Pglet

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by AZroaddust, Jun 19, 2009.

1. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

I want to put a chrome "hood" on the tail light of my '95 Piglet. I think I can feel two studs with nuts protruding from the forward part of the light into the fender.

That is where I need to go to to pull the light? IF I can get my hand between the tire and the fender (or find someone with smaller hands)?? :gah::gah:

Thanks.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

you should be able to just pull the lense off & go from there two screws
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i think the whole assembly is attached by the nuts on the back side of the fender. if you want to remove the whole assembly, lift the bike off the rear wheel, it should give enough room to get in there with a 1/2 in wrench.....unless ya got tree stumps for arms!!!!lol lol i dont believe you have to remove the whole assembly to install the shield.....do as cowboy suggested, remove the lens.
  4. AZroaddust

AZroaddust New Member

Thanks guys, but there is no lens to remove and no visable external screws. I think this is an aftermarket LED light because I can see a ring of 5 or 6 teensie bulbs inside.

I tried to "pop" off the crome thingie on it now and realized it has holes in it that go inside the assembly that the studs go through. I won't say what I ended up doing, but thank God for silicone! The new cover will hide that spot so it isn't all bad.