1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tattoo removal

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I don't think I've mentioned this here at all. Close to 20 years ago I got a drunk and stupid tattoo, complete with the name of my first husband. Friend of a friend deal. Big mistake. Went to Big Joe's in NYC for an attempt at a rework shortly after, and a few years after that went for a rework and name coverup. I've hated this thing since it healed the first time. :banghead: And I've lived with it.

Well now that technology has changed, I signed up for laser tattoo removal. I don't need to get rid of it totally; I just want to be able to get a good cover up. Went to this snooty cosmetic procedure place south of Denver and paid for three treatments. My first treatment was really painful and I was a walking bio-hazard. Took quite a while to heal. Just before my second treatment they called and said that someone came and picked up the machine. :wtf: Never really got a straight answer, but they assured me that they were getting another. They did. I went for my second treatment. Much more tolerable this time, healed quickly, and I saw significant fading. I called this morning to schedule another appointment... No machine. No explanation :mad:

I just want to get this done. So I called a place closer to me that had good reviews and was tattoo removal only. They told me to come on down for a consultation. We all agreed that the place I was going to was probably just demo'ing lasers at the customer's expense. They felt they could get mine faded enough with one treatment and I'd be good. So we did it.

:eek: OK, this laser was much quicker, but the pain was exponentially more. I hope that's the last time. It took about two minutes to hit these fairly large Harley wings/dragon on my back and I was sweating.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone else had fun with laser tattoo removal?
  2. SK

SK New Member

I haven't yet. I've been wanting to remove an old tat on my right arm for years as most of it has faded except for the indio green. I learned a long time ago to stay away from multiple colors as most of em fade out leaving mostly outline. Some of the best tats are just outlines with good shading..bright colors just fade away.

Curious to see how the finality of your laser removal goes. Hate to ask, but what's the going price for a decent treatment, e.g., your last one?
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

At this place, the price maxed out at 8 square inches, thankfully, since mine is larger than that. It's square inches of actual ink, not the space on the body that the tattoo takes up. With a 20% discount, I ended up paying $320. If you just have the outline left, I think it would be a lot less, and it probably wouldn't take a whole lot to do it. They have different lasers for bright colors and black/blue/green - at least I think that's how it's split up.
  4. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

It would cost me much more to have the tattoo on my forearm removed than it would be to just get it covered with somethin BITCHIN...so thats what Im gonna do. When I was a young heartbroken Marine, I got a tattoo of a 1/2 naked female death (with scithe, blood drippin & everything)..Well now my place of employment has deemed it "offensive" so I'm gettin it covered.
  5. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

the tattoo chain shops around here have started there own tattoo removal setups in there shops, don't have any regrets on any tattoo's, just some poor jugdment in the places I put them, like fd I have had a job or 2 where I had to wear long sleves to cover up my naked women, so I just ended up putting a swim suit on her:roflmao: but most of the time in my line of work, non office, I don't have to deal with it much, and thanks to the laws, the actual good ones, protects people from being discriminated:roflmao: they at least get the resume first, then the omg visuals after they decide to hire me:roflmao:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It's a miracle that I managed to keep all of mine in places that are reasonably easy to hide. No tank tops or really short sleeves at the office, but that's no big deal. Hopefully here soon I'll be in a place where it doesn't matter. This one I'm doing is just because I hate it. I'd rather have something there that I'm OK with people seeing.
  7. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

My first 2 were high on my shoulder....safe spot....then I ventured further down...then forearms & innner arm & then the chest......I'm at the point now where the only place I wont put one is from the neck up, hands, feet or...you know....that special spot.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

they said is was ok before, and now it is offensive????? that just doesnt wash...............sounds more political than anything else.
  9. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

No removals for me, I actually covered two that were small, and made them much bigger. I am still getting more so for me it's no problem. My next appt is on Sept. 2 @ 6pm, I can't wait! I just have to make sure that when I finally give up contracting and go into inspecting, (I have all of my Construction inspectors and building official licenses now) that I don't have anything too offensive on my lower arms. Out of curiosity, does anyone consider the Iron cross offensive? That's one of my next ones.....
  10. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

:roflmao: fd, funny, because I have tattoo's in all those places you said you would never get one.
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea...I was hired with it on...Actually it was my Battalion Chief who wrote the new policy...The headding is "offensive tattoos & piercings"...I'm also responsible for the new "facial hair & moustache" policy....I used to have a wicked fu-manchu moustache, but they now changed the policy so that you can have a moustache but it can't extend past the corner of your lip or below the corner of your lip. In protest the first day of the policy I shaved my moustache in a Hitler style. It got me nowhere & I felt like a dope so now Im clean shaven again with 70's style sideburns (still legal according to policy)
  12. chucktx

because of policy changes mid stream, do they pic up the tab for removal/changes??? or are you able to grandfather it in.....?
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Firefighters have been doing the big moustache forever. I can't believe they did that to you. My ex had a great firefighter moustache. I loved it. :(

So are they worried that when you're saving someone's life, they might be offended by your tattoo? :confused: Yeah, I know. Hero one day, then when the guy wants to blame someone, the hero takes the fall. Must have been because of that evil tattoo.
  14. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Yea well...this is a new millenium & new times......I havent had to wear long sleeves yet....They tell me that I cant do public education (no big deal for me) cause of the tatts, but I havent been told by anyone that they were "offended" yet.
  15. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

WTF ever happened to freedom of expression??? I see people wearin towels on their heads, bedroom sheets for clothes, pants that hang off their a** and their underwear showin, and you're gonna be offended by a tattoo!?!? :rant:

Ok, I guess I'll stop before I offend someone.....:banghead:
  16. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

we should start a section here for showing your tattoos....
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I had some professional photos taken last night with me and Hot01. There'll be some tattoos appearing in those. The one on my back though, not likely. Unless off course you want to see blistered, bleeding, crusty black area. :puke: It's pretty gross.
  18. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:wtf: Sounds to much like the military to me. :puke:
  19. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

or a gang task force:roflmao:
  20. chucktx

post em up!!!!!!:) :)
    would really like to see pics of you and hot1.....:)