1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Techknowledy

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jan 5, 2011.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Ain't it great! I am sitting in deer stand. Reading biketalk!
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

What a way to get away from cardboard for awhile - wait until spring when he comes out of hibneration and he'll be askin you why you didn't take him with you.:roflmao:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Deer season kind of late in the season? Or was that Dear hunting:D
  4. chucktx

blackpowder season started monday.....2 weeks. didnt see anything........:mad: but tomorrow is another day!!!:)
  5. FLHTbiker

I took a lot of deer with my flintlock, was my favorite type of hunting. Good luck. :D
  6. chucktx

i was using a lancaster i built from scratch. .54 flinter think i will take my .50 hawkin next trip out.
  7. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Just don't get excited when you see a rack and jump up and drop your laptop or worse knock your rifle off the stand. Have a GREAT time!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  8. FLHTbiker

Interesting I built 4 black powder rifles in the past and one 45 cal. flint pistol. I took em all to the dealer and he bought them from me. My flintlock rifles are all built by a custom builder, far better than I could do. Still my two Hawkins rifles I built came out really nice and the Tenn. Mtn full stock rifle was also really nice. I built that one for a guy who was left handed.
  9. chucktx

who built the flinters??? i have a .40 that jackie brown built back in the 80's....or so..
  10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

What??? There is woman roaming around in the forest?????:wtf::D:D
  11. chucktx

yup, and some of them have a few teeth!!!
  12. chucktx

was using my phone......:)
  13. FLHTbiker

The bottom one is a 54 cal flint built by G Ruxton the next one up is a 40 cal Louie Poole well renowned gun builder here in the Northwest. He is dead now but built some fine rifles and pistols. Its all hand engraved. The pistol is a match to the 40 cal. rifle by Louie Poole. The upper one is by me :D a 62 cal smooth bore trade gun, kick in the pants to shoot round ball or shot. The other one was my dads rifle a 50 cal flinter built by his good friend and gunsmith Gal Stockton, he has passed away also.
    I have another one a 54 cal, Hawkins flinter built by a guy named Asher Hamilton. He was a really great builder but a divorce and alcohol got to him.

Attached Files:

14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep guess he like the new phone
    Nice looking Guns FLHT
  15. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

don't forget to flush.:roflmao:
  16. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

We used to hve a local here that built flints and would put the offset in the stock depending on if the shooter were right or left handed. Ordered the inlays from Switzerland and Germany. Turned out some beautiful work.
  17. FLHTbiker

Me and my dad had some shinning times doing black powder and the Rendezvous. Owned a couple of Tee Pees. My kids had a lot of fun with it to. The daughter got interested in beads back then as a little girl and now today she has her own side business making and selling jewelry. Sells most over the Internet.
    Hunting with black powder was the best. Don't hunt anymore, to many mountains to climb up and down around here.
    Hope Chuck is successful :D