1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Terrible Accident (BaggerPaul) PRAYERS ARE NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 16, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am posting this with Paul's permission to let you know all know that Paul had a terrible accident at his shop today.

From what his wife Kathy told me, Paul was working on a customer's car for some carb work. While the engine was running, a blade from the fan broke off and lodged itself into Paul's pectoral muscle. Also from what Kathy said is that the blade was 3" deep and missed his Carotid Artery by only 2". He lost a lot of blood but 50th he guys at the shop were able to get enough pressure on it to slow the bleeding enough until the ambulance arrived. He was taken to the trauma center, treated and is now home but obviously in a lot of pain.

Kathy called me at about 9:30 p.m. to let me know what happened. Please send out PRAYERS for Paul and his family that he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Talk to you when you are up for it BUD!
  2. JohnnyBiker

Here is the fan blade that was in his pectoral muscle. uploadfromtaptalk1437103331670.jpg
  3. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Dang! Tell paul i say hey and get wel soon! Prayers sent.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very sorry to hear about Paul, prayers sent. Keep us posted on how he is doing. Thanks for letting us know Johnny.
  5. JohnnyBiker

I will do that.
    I will do that and no problem.
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Damn,that is amazingly bad luck!
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Sent a prayer up as soon as I read this, and will continue to pray for Paul's speedy recovery. Never heard of a fan blade breaking off like that before - damnedest thing. Thanks for passing on the news, Johnny.
  8. JohnnyBiker

Paul just shot me a text. He said he may call later. He needs to rest!
  9. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Thank you for your prayers . Hurting a lot should have spent the night at the hospital for pain medication and wound care but I hate hospitals .figured that no big veins were hit they got the bleeding under control .the trauma surgeon was amazing and listening to me to please not put me under gave me a block and fix the wound while I was awake .he was not happy but got it done .and let me go home . He seemed to be a man's man hard to find these days. Was not my best idea to go home but I wanted to be in my own home not like you get any rest at the hospital and it's expensive as hell to pay out of pocket .guys at the shop went above and beyond to stop the bleeding and keep me from moving till resume showed up my hats off to the boys at primetune.guess they like there boss .lol thanks again for your prayers I'll be riding in know time just got to give my chest time to heal it's hard to even pick up a cup of coffee and light a smoke. But you know this hard as did it this morning. And boy was it a good cup and a smoke glad to be alive today.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad you made it through, that's freaky that the blade just snapped
    like that, how old was that car to have a mechanical fan
  11. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

While you get better, have your guys convert that old, cursed, client's P.O.S. to electric fan! That was crazy bad luck to let go when it did. Should have come apart on the road and stuck itself in the hood, inner fender., or shroud. Put the old fan up on the wall.
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Prayers for your speedy recovery Paul Holy crap, Pops always warned me about standing aside theor over the fan blade while the engine is running. All my years I never heard of it happening. I guess Pop saw it back in the olden days Feel better brother. Im Glad it wasnt worse
  13. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Take care Paul, don't rush getting back. Yup Steve Dad worked with a guy who got it in the head. 'Story I got the guy hit the ground and curled.
  14. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Yep I always hated the Ford riveted fans 1970 Mach one mustang just put a new holley on it and setting the floats and air fuel mixture went over to the drivers side fender to do the left side never have my head over the fan as I reach to blip the throttle hit about 2500 and the blade hit me so hard knock me to the ground and I rolled how it did not break a rib and go through is a miracle from God plain and simple.I'll be up and riding soon!guys thanks again for the kind words and prayers glad I was not wacking the throttle for the rear barrels!
  15. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Man glad it wasn't worse, but bad enough. Take it easy and heal well
  16. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Wow!! Really bad luck and really good luck in the same incident...So glad you're still here to tell us about it...Don't rush the recovery,take it easy and let it heal.
  17. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Glad your OK...Take it ez and enjoy yourself...
  18. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Great to hear you will be OK. Good thing you were not alone in the shop that day. Hope you have a fast recovery and get back riding.
  19. Soupy

Soupy Member

Certainly that is one of the more unusual accidents I've heard of. For all the times I've been inside an engine well, it ranks in the top 10 of strange occurrences!

Certainly prayers and best wishes!!

-Soupy
  20. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Great to see you up and posting. Close call,whew. I know you're not alright but you are among us thank God for that.