1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Test rode a 2011 CVO Street Glide today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby a good honest read :cool:
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Great review, Like you I have found that the CVO's don't really impress me that much.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I think HD has been playing up the SE bikes long enough. There all dolled up but heck you can easily make your 88 motor out run the stock 110 motor all day long. Some of the stuff they put on em I don't care for. If buying a new bike I think the best bang for the buck is a bike with a 103 in it like the custom.
    Like Abby, once you get your bike set up the way you like it its hard to say yea trade it in on a newer one.
  5. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Thanks Abby....I always thought that if I ever decided to change bikes it would be a street glide....maybe not ??? I too am 1 with my softail!!!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

guess I'll leave the softail joke alone :D
  7. FLHTbiker

To funny :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  8. Chrome

Chrome New Member

:rolleyes:Advisable!!!
  9. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

I've rode the CVO's up to the 2010, the 2010 was the best riding models.
    Haven't got to ride the 2011 models yet.
    If'n I had the money I'd start workin on dealers till I could find a deal.
    And we got a dealer that said they sold 2 motorcycles last month.

The 110cu motor really rocks, take the catalyst converters out and put a new set of pipes and a high flow air kit and a tuner on them and they start really producing some good numbers.
    And the 110cu motor seems to run cooler than the 96 or 103.
    It also has a lot more torque.
    Got a buddy with one and I really like the sound of the 110 motor;
    Its one smoothe runnin bike and has a lot of bells and whistles on it.
  10. FLHTbiker

Cardboard I had a 110 Screaming Eagle and it was the worst motor I had ever owned from Harley. The 110 ran to hot, even up here in the cooler Pacific Northwest. Continued leaks and other problems.
    Yea it had some good stock power but a friend of mine with a 88 motor cams, exhaust in his Roadking would out pull me everytime. I had a race tuner, hi flow air cleaner and aftermarket exhaust but an 88 would still out pull it.
    I even got an apology letter from HD for all the problems, but no refund so for me no 110 motors again. :(
  11. cardboard

What year was it ?

Buddy down the street has a 2010 and we ride a lot, His bike is real good.
    Got a buddy in Louisiana that had a 2010 Ulta, it was one heck of a bike too.

And I do not care for the Race tuner. HAd then and had problems with them.
  12. FLHTbiker

I have never had any trouble with a Race tuner, they work good. The one I had trouble with was the Power Commander. Had to have it taken off and installed a Race Tuner, world of difference.

The SE 110 Ultra I had was a 2007. I loved the color (black with the orange stripe), the stock seat sucked to felt like I was sitting on the metal rails.

Anyway I like my 09 Ultra with Race Tuner, SE air cleaner and V&H Monster Ovals much better.
  13. cardboard

The 07 was the years they had the most problems, they worked the problems out.
    If'n I remember right in 07 was the 1st year it come out.
    Know a lot of guys with 07.The 09 and 2010 proved to be the years they got a lot of bugs out.
    Had super results with a Thundermax and I have a Power Commander V now.
    HAd great rusults with it. Got 2 buddys with the PCV and one just put it on a 2010 SE Street Glide, and his 1st reply was what a hell of a difference.
  14. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Great review Abby.

I don't have a CVO or 110 motor but my 08 Street Glide doesn't seem to bother me too much in regards to right leg heat. Maybe I'm just used to it or something's dead in my leg :p

I have the super tuner installed and it's been a problem since day 1. I have a solid map installed right now but whenever I try to access it via the laptop it takes a dozen tries just to get the two to communicate. I'd love to use the Power Commander V but they told me it won't work on the 08 model. I understand there's a company that mods the PCV for use on the early TBW models (forget their name) but I haven't been motivated enough to pursue it. The Vmax is a great system but I can't see dropping that kind of cash.
  15. cardboard

Jamie with Fuelmoto does Retro fit kits on 2008 models and before and has dyno maps for them on bikes .
    I got the Power Commander V with the Auto tune modules and o2 sensors.
    Had Jamie to load the map with the build I have if I remember right.

Put the same setup on another bike,
    And we put the PCV by itself on a 2010 SE CVO that is gittin it tuned tomorrow at a HD dealer that deals a lot with them.
    Just with the PCV
    the dude on the SE CVO said man what a difference the PCV made.

Fuel Moto USA
  16. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Ah yes, Fuel Moto is who I was thinking of. I was just too lazy to look it up. I think I'll look into that again before I get left high and dry by the super tuner. I'll probably be doing cams and a big bore by the end of the year so tuning will be a bit more critical then.
  17. cardboard

Lazy........:rant:

Has Chucktx been over to yer house too:gah:........
  18. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I think Ken's definition of lazy is a little different than most peoples. I think what he meant was that he was too lazy to pull himself from work to look into the bike. :roflmao:
  19. FLHTbiker

Well don't care won't ever bother with another PC, had to much trouble with it. The 110 I had has pretty much soured me to it. My 2009 96 with Race Tuner, air cleaner and pipes runs just fine as a matter of fact its great. :)
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  20. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am going to be taking out an 010 Street Glide on Friday. I am going to reserve reading the original post until then so we can compare. I do know that the difference between the 010 and 011 that I noticed right away is that the seat is different. I am more comfortable on the 011. Lets see how it goes.