1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Test rode another bike.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot Rider, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Yesterday Johnnybiker and I headed to WildPriaire because he wanted to show me a couple bikes that he thought I'd like. I was looking around and he was taking me over to a bagger and I just stopped and not only was this bike speaking to me, it was singing my name!! Johnny biker stopped talking and came over to me and said, "you like this one don't you?" All I could say is Yep! I took the 2013 FLS Softail slim. That bike was kick a$$!! I felt so comfortable on it! It fit me like a glove and the sound of that bike was amazing!! I still have some others I want to take out, but this one was an awesome ride!! :D:D
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that bike sounded really kick ass that is for sure. You seemed to be really comfortable on it. I could tell the minute you left the parking lot that you liked it. Way cool!:D
  3. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I was shocked that it was as comfortable as it was because of the 17 inch apes, but man that was nice!! I can't say I disliked anything on that bike at all, everything just flowed with it and it handled very well. Well, ok, there is one thing I didn't like--the price! But then again you could buy a cheaper bike and spend that by customizing it or just take the kick and like it exactly the way you bought it.
  4. JohnnyBiker

+1 One thing that I would do different is tha I would put the fatboy wrap around rear fender on it. Now that is Gangsta!! :D:cool:
  5. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Yes, I do think that would look awesome!!:D
  6. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Here is another shot of the bike.
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

I like it ! I love the gangster whites on that bike it fits it old school new school combined!
  8. JohnnyBiker

+1 Could use smaller mirrors too.:cool:
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that's not a stock slimline is it? , does look good
  10. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

I love it a lot. I usually think the white walls are ugly on the bikes but with that one it is done right! They have put three of them together there so if it is gone when I'm ready to purchase he told me he could put together another one. :D
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If you find a bike that fits you and you feel comfortable with than don't hesitate if you can afford it, do it as you won't regret it. I've know many ladies here that traded up and are very ecstatic with them and absolutely love em. Just helped one yesterday in our chapter Group Riding orientation and got a big hug afterwards. So, if you like it you might just owe it to yourself to do it. :)
  12. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Nice looking bike, though I agree that the mirrors look sort of big for the bars.

I'm not sure I understand the seat pictured. It looks like a sprung seat atop another seat. When I looked at the H-D site this model has a low profile seat (below).
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I know a guy who had a newer springer with that style seat with the springs and he said it was very comfortable. Kind of reminds me of the old cop seat.
  14. JohnnyBiker

+1. I really like the tank badge too. Simple.
  15. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Very nice bike! I see it has a side mount license plate. Mine broke off twice from the vibrations before I finally fabbed one up out of 3/16" steel with a gusset. If you can move the metal when you grab the end of it, it's too thin.

I'm not understanding why there appears to be two seats, one over the other?
  16. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Looks good, sounds good. Maybe instead of 2-up riding Johnny will have to try and keep up to ya.:eek:
  17. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

:roflmao: or I'll have to worry about him taking my bike!! He like riding to up but he would rather see me on my own more.
  18. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

It is a sprung seat but it is up on an insert that fits where the original low profile seat sits. I would change the mirrors to smaller ones.
  19. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

That spring seat was very comfortable. I did not think it would be but it showed me how much I knew!!
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I'm not understanding why there appears to be two seats, one over the other?