1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Texas Best

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Tiny86, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Let's hear it for TEXAS ! [No Offense to my northern Friends]

Rules of Texas :

1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road." I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle & oil wells. That's what they smell like to you. They smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-20 and I-10 go east and west, I-35 goes north and south. Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $250,000 cotton strippers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of doves are coming in, we
    WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yeah, we eat catfish & crawfish. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce!! Oh, yeah....We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat...IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!! Chili was born and bred in San Antonio ....and real chili never met a tomato!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

13. College and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a dang site more fun to watch.

14. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards --
    it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Rice University , Texas Tech, Texas A&M or University of Texas . They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16. We have more folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines, than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Texas ," If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

17. Always remember what our great governor Sam Houston once said:
    " Texas can make it without the United States , but the United States can't make it without Texas !"
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very true!!!!!!!!!:)
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

All is good except #12...(minus the coke bit, wouldn't touch that sh*t) :D
  4. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

that brought a tear to my eye.........
    being a native texan......
    hats off to ya.......tiny

TRG
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE ONPONE YOU :cool:
  6. ggreenetx

ggreenetx New Member

Amen from Lubbock!!!
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

TRG told me once that I could be an honorary Texan, do I count now??!! :D
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

being a TEXAN is a state of mind!!!!:)
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

THAT'S A LONE STAR STATE OF MIND :cool:
  10. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

yankee or not.......
    vodoo.....you get the special honnorary texan pass
    now go load your SKS, duck season just opened....
    bring the AR for back up......
    and i will supply the beer and women...oops.....i meant food.....beer and food

TRG
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I fell in love with green chili on my trip. That's half the reason I moved out here. The other half is that people are friendly. Yesterday when I was doing my errands I kept thinking it was strange that people seemed to like me so quickly. Duh, people are just friendly here.
  12. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

My birth mother is from Big Springs, I'm always in a Texas state of mind.
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Thanks TRG!! I'm picking up my pistols soon too!! (357mag and a 38) They're old ones though, they were a relatives, I can't wait!