1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Texas State Railroad

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 6, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Haven’t rode that particular train but have rode some similar. One in Santa Fe, New Mexico and Coloorado has I believe 4 different trains in different parts of the state. One in Canyon City at the Royal Gorge, One in Durango to Silverton, one in Antino to Chamma, New Mexico, one in Cripple Creek, all are pretty cool.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

harleyLsr is there still the one from noth NM into south colo ? I rode one trail like these about 30 yrs ago , up into Colo from NM , A few of us rode bike from Alb up north & then rode the trail up & back , very fun to do :cool:
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Man I would like to ride to The twisted sisters and ride down to Del Rio and go to the state park at the Pecos where the indian painting are on the wall. And ride over to Big Bend State park and then ride up threw N.M. and back.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We have one here that is called the MT Hood Railroad, goes up through the national forest. They had a Thomas the train setup on it last June so I took my grandson with me on it. He couldn't get enough and didn't want to get off after the ride. It was fun.

Attached Files:

6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very cool!!!!!!!!!
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Cowboy,
    yes that is the train that goes from Antonito, Colorado down in to New Mexico. It has been a couple of years but the last time I was over that way it was still running.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep I think that's the one we rode , we had a real good time both on the train & bikes made a two trip out of it :cool: