1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thank You Harley Davidson

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cardboard, Jul 5, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Before I left on my trip in May for Arkansas I replaced my rear brakes.
    I notised they didn't stop as well.
    I cranked my bike up today and something was smoking on the right hand side behind my leg.
    Cut the bike off and looked and couldn't see anything. Left on the bike and got to thinkin and asked the OL to check my rear brake light for the rear brakes, it wasn't workin.
    Well I rode on and I notised my rear brakes wasn't workin when I pressed the peddle.
    I drove to Kingwood Harley and told them my problem this afternoon around 4:20pm, told them I was 50 miles from home and didn't want to trust my bike to git it home, could you please help me.
    Mark in service said let me check it out. He put a mechanic on it. The rear brake light switch had a terminal that come loose and brake fluid had leaked out it and that was the reason I seen smoke and I didn't have any rear brakes.
    The charges out the door was 65.80
    This made my day .

I'm sayin Thank You Harley Davidson to the folks at Kingwood Harley for taking care of me today late in the afternoon.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Kingwood Harley - a dealership, not a stealership. Great to hear!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hell they should have done it for free, due to the amount of cash you drop there..........nearly every weekend you run the freeway to get down there and buy something..................:)
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I have that same experience with the dealership that I like to go to. I walk in, they know who I am, ask if I need anything, usually I do, and they are right there to get it done for me. It is always good to know that you can get your stuff done on the spot if you need to. That is good ol' customer service at work.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's cool cardboard. JB, when you walk in and they know you by name its time to think why..
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! You could say that, but isn't because I have to get ride fixed all the time, it is usually when the wife is along and she want some shirts or something like that or when I am going in to see what different bikes that they have. Or the best one, because I can be annoying? :D:D
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Now ya know why cardboard is always drinking chuck's JD - he's broke and Harley poor :roflmao::roflmao:- but ain't we all?