1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thanks CB

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 16, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Hey was good talking with you today. Your right about the Sert if your going to get a proper tune with it you need a dyno so you can stick a sniffer up the exhaust and tune right, yea got to think about the O2 sensors. You can learn all about it but if your gonna tune it better put it on a dyno. Even some HD trained tuners don't get it right. Talked to many tuners here and your right takes more than one run. Each bike is different and you may get close putting canned program in it and you may get it close but that's all it will be is close. Just like on my bike with the stage 2 download it's only close. I need to find a good tuner who tunes it on a dyne and knows what he is doing.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Yea it was nice talkin to you to Redneck. Got lost at how I was on the phone.
    Don't really have a lot of minutes on my plan.

When you do a Dyno Run they stick the snifer up the exhaust so they can read what yer bike is doing while they are doing pulls. This is for gas and afrs output.
    And they look at where the lines go after they do some pulls so they might be able to change the timin in different cells to make the bike git more hp and or fuel milage. There's a lot to do with the Timin on a map.
    The wrong timin and the bike might drag when trying to crank or not crank easy even.
    I don't claim to be a dyno man. But I've stood next to a few good ones doing dyno pulls writtin a map and I seen what all was involved. why the bike has to cool off and what it takes to git a map behond just close.

A good map is one of the most important things on yer bike.
    The wrong map and yer pipes can turn BLue...........:rant:

And you've seen that before.....:gah: