1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thanks Red Rider

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

We were cruising along at about 75 through Wyoming when several large tumbleweeds decided to plant directly in my path. I immediately thought of Red's story about the tumbleweed the size of a bus, figured everything would be fine, and blasted right through. I spent the next couple of miles disentangling tumbleweed remains from my front end and both footpegs, but it was all good. Actually it was funny. About 20 miles later we stopped, and I still had tumbleweed attached to my bike. That stuff doesn't give up easily. :roflmao:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see the pics!!!!! glad your ok and havin fun!!!!
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Glad your home safe.. You going to give us another good article about your trip?
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

find a shadey spot & a tall Ice tea & start picking them out cause they will brake up into small pieses & get into every nick& crany your bike has :eek: been there & done that , But was a blast doing it :roflmao:
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Wow - hard to type this as I am drunk off my ass on a lot of rum - BUT - yeah, ride on, Abby, and everyone else. Ride on................

Glad you made it. The tough make it through......just sucking it up & going on has made me through msny thousand times or more so far......same goes, as you know. Maybe the good die young, but the rest of us keep riding till we are good enough. Be good, and I trust in the Lord ya'll really know what i mean.

Dang, I am squished! Glad you conquerd the weeed!
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

This is the small piece that hung on.

Hope you rest well Red!

Attached Files:

8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

And the grasshopper infestation in Nebraska.

Attached Files:

9. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

dipit in chocolate:puke: I was a lookin for ya to roll through chey town while I was rolling no luck, headin down to bennett to visit an old friend I ain't seen in about 20 yrs, then if there is time I might drop by TITR on the way back, till then glad ya had a good ride abby.....later
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Ironhorse, if you're still around on Monday I might be over there. I'm working this weekend down in Denver, so I won't be at TITR until it's just about over.
  11. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

We just had a safety brief today from the base commander.... I commend you on RIDING THROUGH instead of trying to "dodge"... one of the safety pictures was a TOTALLED full size, super crew NEW pickup....(I would guess maybe 35-40K) AND a camper ( you know the ones....they are actual campers that are dropped into the bed of the truck....) Young airman was able to miss the deer.....and rolled the truck/camper. Base commander stood in front of everyone and said...."we put brush guards on the front of the trucks to give confidence in NOT SWERVING to MISS deer....HIT THE DAMN THING!! Anything you hit with the bike isn't good....Anything you hit with the bike while swerving puts you on an angle and at MUCH greater risk of wrecking... Glad you rode through, even tho you are picking crap off your bike for months!!!
  12. SK

SK New Member

Those tumbleweeds are like magnets. Have also seen more Morman crickets traveling US50 across Nevada than I ever want to see again..gotta take the corners slow as Paul Simon's song "Slip sliding away" comes to mind. The road was slippery..and the smell.
  13. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see you posting again Kev, Will be at St Vibes for a whole week.