1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

that time of year

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by baggerpaul, Nov 26, 2014.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well fellas i always do this this time of year not for a pat on the back but to challenge my brothers to do the same.wifes ministry is to feed the homeless on thanks giving .we do it on a zero budget .and all is donated we cook and feed.for over 800 last year and its looking like twice that this year .i am so proud of my wife.i really think she is amazing to get this done and organized.her moto is no one should go hungry on thanksgiving or be alone on it either .so far over 70 turkey's and 350 pies more vegies than i can count .them are some big turkeys ! Most ladys at the church cook one and bring it in also .i got alot of mashed potatoes and gravy and dressing to cook.! Hope you guys have a great turkey day and go give a hand and do the same.
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Great job by you and your wife. That is the spirit of Thanksgiving.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

That is truly amazing and wonderful! Have a great Thanksgiving !
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good for you and your wife Paul that's simply great.
    My mother in law will be all alone on Thanksgiving Day down in the town of Newport along the Oregon coast. We had several invites but I told the wife no we are going down to Newport (150 miles one way) pick her up. We will spend the day with her and take her out for Thanksgiving dinner.
    HarleysLR likes this.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That's great stuff!
  6. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Good for you guys. We make sure we donate food to the Veterans food bank, even more so at this time of year. But to take the time to cook and feed the homeless, that's special. God Bless
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

you know man its such a great feeling to see some of these guys smile and enjoy a good meal .and it is a honor to cook for them some of these guys and women are vets and they deserve more then just a meal . its tough for me to see but at least i can provide a good plate of food thanks guys ill pass on the kind words to the wife. enjoy your time with family and friends all the best boys .GOD BLESS