1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

That'll teach me...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

to go to the ABATE office to pick up my paycheck. I'm now the District Representative for Northern Colorado.:cool:
  2. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Does the new title include a bigger paycheck - or just more responsibility ? :rolleyes:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i dont know whether to offer congrats or condolences..............:confused::)
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

It's a volunteer position in the legislative part of ABATE, rather than the motorcycle safety part. It'll be good, just more stuff to do.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good luck abby you'll need it & thanks for doing the job ,I know it's not a easy task
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Why is this a bad thing?
  7. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

It's not, Chuck & I were just teasing. Actually, it's a compliment, as dealing with the legislative side means reading / understanding language written in such a way that most people don't understand it (intentionally) & to be chosen for that job means your reading & comprehension skills are quite good.

I've been studying statutes / regulations / case law for 20 years, took me 5 to learn the "legalese" & my Dad was an attorney, so I grew up hearing it. Never set foot inside a law school though - just started looking things up myself 'cause what people (especially the "news" media) tell you the law says & what it actually says is quite different. Reading the actual statutes / regs is tedious & boring, but you'll find things nearly everyone misses if you do it long enough.
  8. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That, and the fact that I have about 17 jobs right now. Nothing paying me enough to survive, but since they're all about riding, I'm happy. :roflmao:
  9. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Do you get to fire people :D
    Wasn't there a certain woman you had it in for :D
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Abby - I'm sure you will do just fine on your New job - Wish we had you here working for our district - The one we got is not the best thing that ever happened to ABATE in my neck of the woods.
    Spends more time about looking good to the State Director than taking care of business in the district. Attendance is zero - membership is not good and I have to go the web site at state to find out what's going on in my own region; which is usually nothin!
    Good thing we got a top notch state director or ABATE would be in big trouble around these parts.
  11. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Tom, funny you should mention that. When I was at the office, the state director told me the northern district was starting back up, and that woman was going to be the rep. I don't know what my expression looked like, but everyone started laughing (they know we have issues). I was told that the woman didn't really want to do it, but nobody else wanted to. I said I'd do it.

Call me crazy, but I think that someone who tried to threaten me because I wasn't wearing a helmet shouldn't be a representative for a motorcycle rights organization. Know what I mean?

So that's the rest of the story...
  12. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

:roflmao:Hopefully that'll teach her.

Good luck with the new responsibilities. I hope you have fun with it.